Show your car

Abidi wrote: You lool like you live in Miami. It does not look too much like Toronto or Frankfurt.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually that picture was taken in Mainz, a city near Frankfurt. Look at the licence plate, the first 2 letters are MZ, for Mainz. :p

1Foto184.jpg

My avatar shows my 1997 Porsche 993, but what I really want to show here is my new addiction. I am getting into Karting and I am now the proud owner of a 2 stroke Rotax DD2 on a PCR chassis. What a blast these machines are. They are fast and you pull a good 2 to 2.5 Gs in the corners. Notice the 2 front disc brakes I have on this Kart to go along with the usual rear disc brake. This is my mini formula car. But while I was able to push my Porsche 993 close to the limit at the track, I have a lot to learn about driving this Kart as power to weight, it is the most powerful machine I have ever driven and I need to learn how to be smooth with it and not overdrive it.

Here are some pics:

1004784_10151738768746153_1113506862_n.jpg

1001342_10151738769186153_2044472345_n.jpg

994527_10151738770136153_992200581_n.jpg

I also needed a trailer to tow the Kart in. Fortunately my DD Wrangler does the job as a tow vehicle seeing as the Kart is pretty light.

10367_10151738770276153_1014768643_n.jpg

Definitely not a cheap hobby, but still the most affordable form of motorsports?

Nice one, I would think more like 3G to 4G in the corners ! The wheel hop is what you want to watch out for in the corners, your weight transfer must be perfect !

As for most affordable, 4 stroke yes, but certainly not DD2, especially if you want to run at the front. Formula 1200 (Vee) is less expensive than Rotax classes.

Nice one, I would think more like 3G to 4G in the corners ! The wheel hop is what you want to watch out for in the corners, your weight transfer must be perfect !

As for most affordable, 4 stroke yes, but certainly not DD2, especially if you want to run at the front. Formula 1200 (Vee) is less expensive than Rotax classes.

Yeah I stand corrected. I will be going through a lot of tires with the DD2 compared to 4 strokes (which appear to be standing still on the track even though I know they are not). So yeah I didn't get into the least affordable class when it comes to Karting. haha

But I don't believe I am pulling 4Gs in the corners. I know people have said 2.5Gs, so maybe close to 3. But not 4. However I have a new appreciation for what the big dog Formula car drivers go through concerning how physical their driving experience must be and of course for them to remain smooth and not overdrive their machines. So much to learn ...

My first own car.. Don't think many will beat me in the fuel economy of pre-2000 cars LOL.
First result =
956.2km in which I used 38.51L of diesel.
This equals: = 4.03L/100km = 24.8km per Liter = 70.1 British MPG = 58.4 US MPG

Bva5YYyl.jpg

xmoY6Jul.jpg

hfduy5il.jpg

vBogbOvl.jpg

Cost: €750,-
Tax: €616,- per year - which is verrrry cheap for a diesel here.
Insurance: €340,- per year

Me likes! love the color :thumbsup: It's a great first car. Glad you didn't go for the Sentra,not that it is a bad car but Miata being rwd=more fun :D

Car looks pretty mint, roof looks like it's in great condition. Did it come with a hardtop? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you buy car for?

Also well done on finding one with only 109000kms on it :thumbsup: cars frickin almost 20 years old!, our 2010 GT500 that we just got has 47000kms on it, not that it's bad but the mileage/age ratio on your car is just awesome!

Once again great find and take care of her, a beauty she is :)

How is it that I haven't posted here yet!

Late 60's/Early70's beetle (honestly cannot remember). Gone just under 90000km all original!
425182_10201198774834065_1447625281_n.jpg

A proud moment for the old Beetle
5h0a.jpg

And I also have a Mazda 323f
r21x.jpg

And while this isn't a picture of my car (it's safely stored, dry and nice), it is the same type of car, same colors and everything. A 1972 Citroën D-Special, the original DS this is, Mine is a DS21, and I don't think it have passed 85000km yet. All original as well.
1955_citroen_ds19.jpg

My only problem is... I don't have a drivers license!

Me likes! love the color :thumbsup: It's a great first car. Glad you didn't go for the Sentra,not that it is a bad car but Miata being rwd=more fun :D

Car looks pretty mint, roof looks like it's in great condition. Did it come with a hardtop? If you don't mind me asking, how much did you buy car for?

Also well done on finding one with only 109000kms on it :thumbsup: cars frickin almost 20 years old!, our 2010 GT500 that we just got has 47000kms on it, not that it's bad but the mileage/age ratio on your car is just awesome!

Once again great find and take care of her, a beauty she is :)
No hardtop, and since they go for 500$ to 1000$... The car was 5500$ +tx :)

Cheers !

So William,

I know it's been only a few days since you got your car but have you been cruising around in it? and how you liking it?
A bit, yeah. Probably done around 125-ish km with it so far, no massive road trip yet !

It's hard to rate the car based on past experience, seeing as I don't have much, but I'd say it is pretty darn good.

Got it to it's limit (and over a few times too :p ) in a few "safe zones", handles it very nicely, very manageable and you can really control the balance with your right foot.

Been raining a bit too so I tested the sideways stuff, much easier than anticipated !

Got it to it's limit (and over a few times too :p ) in a few "safe zones", handles it very nicely, very manageable and you can really control the balance with your right foot.

Been raining a bit too so I tested the sideways stuff, much easier than anticipated !

:thumbsup:....hold up, didn't you just get your licence and already you're testing the limits of your car :cautious: :D;)

Miatas are great cars, nicely balanced, easy to throw around rain or shine.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 27.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 20.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 9 6.1%