Show us your Rig / Cockpit

I have been trying my hand at building wheels lately, and I have to say that my results have been mixed so far. I am still working on honing my skills and figuring out the best techniques to use. It's definitely been a learning process, but I'm determined to keep going.
IMG_7467.jpg
IMG_0010.jpg
IMG_0519.jpg
IMG_1208.jpg

(top and bottom my creation middle is Jacob)

Last edited:
This is my rig which is marine mdf from a small UK company which sadly only made 2 or 3 of them. I have modified it with linier sliders on the nose section to make getting in and out easier and aluminium profile to mount the csl dd to get it higher and more realistic position then the base mounting it was originally.
20230508_182848.jpg
20230508_183020.jpg
20230508_182909.jpg

This is my "qick'n dirty" keyboard holder. Made of 3mm plywood with a laser cutter. Mounted with office-clamps on my Fanatec CSL DD.

Attachments

• keyboard_csl_dd_3mm_01.jpg
    keyboard_csl_dd_3mm_01.jpg
    420.4 KB · Views: 156
  • keyboard_csl_dd_3mm_02.jpg
    keyboard_csl_dd_3mm_02.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 157
  • keyboard_csl_dd_3mm_03.jpg
    keyboard_csl_dd_3mm_03.jpg
    431.8 KB · Views: 186
  • keyboard_csl_dd_3mm_04.jpg
    keyboard_csl_dd_3mm_04.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 157
Here are a number(52) DIY projects that are mostly 3D printed that I've designed for my rig over the last few years. There is one that has files for laser cutting.

The most popular items are:

The glove holder.

The 1 liter Camelbak water holder for use with the long spit tube that can clip to your harness with a magnetic clip making drinking while racing easy.

2 different uses of the 100% handcontrolled SRW-S1 wheel.:)
I have that wheel and I used to absolutely love it!! I gave up on it when almost nothing seemed to support it anymore. Am I missing out on a way to revive my SRW-S1? Are you able to use the paddles and lights and switches? (pleasesayyes pleasesayyes pleasesayyes...)

Nice. I have a certain respect for wood rigs after building a couple myself.

The seat upgrade... What I did on one was build a mount for a PC chair like yours, and removed the legs and stand off the seat itself.
I built a chair for mine. Here are some pics of it in progress and "finished". I have since added an arm for my H-gate and brake. It runs from the vertical DD support at the front to the angled brace on the right.
IMG_4576.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4575.jpeg
    IMG_4575.jpeg
    594.3 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_4574.jpeg
    IMG_4574.jpeg
    727.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_4571.jpeg
    IMG_4571.jpeg
    810.6 KB · Views: 114
Created an account to share my rig and give back to the community. I've learnt a lot trawling through the forums here. Special thanks to Mr Latte and blekenbleu for their tests and knowledge. I call this the Playseat Challenge: Ridiculous Edition. It's got a VRS DirectForce Pro 20Nm wheelbase, load cell handbrake, H-shifter, Logitech pedals, wireless keyboard, and a custom 8-channel haptic system. All mounted on a Playseat Challenge that still folds up to almost the same size as the original. I use it with my WFH setup that converts from work to play in around a minute. Attaching a few pics here, but there's a full 30-image descriptive gallery on imgur. Full parts list available here (USD 2600 in all).
View attachment 655142
View attachment 655143
View attachment 655144
Nice setup! Same thing that I have been doing for a few years now, here is a post I made on this forum back in 2021 with my (less expensive :D) setup:
Since then I have reinforced the wheelbase plate, changed to a curved display and added a handbrake. I have no room at home for a permanent rig so this is to me the best solution, glad to see that other people are having the same idea!

Last edited:
A few years ago i had some leftover parts from a RHD to LHD conversion on my Subaru, which included a set of pedals. When i stripped them from the donor car i instantly thougt, these could be simracing pedals one day. Some years later i built them and they replaced my Fanated V3 Inverted Pedals. They work like a charm and feel exactly like the real ones in my car.
That´s because i´m using the original throttle body with its throttle position sensor, the clutch cylinder for the brake and a 45kg spring for the clutch lever. The build cost me about 100 Euro and are much better than my former pedals.

1118kg1.jpg

14jfk9o.jpg

Here is the list of all parts, if someone wants to copy it.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/diy-pedals-with-subaru-parts.207492/

A few years ago i had some leftover parts from a RHD to LHD conversion on my Subaru, which included a set of pedals. When i stripped them from the donor car i instantly thougt, these could be simracing pedals one day. Some years later i built them and they replaced my Fanated V3 Inverted Pedals. They work like a charm and feel exactly like the real ones in my car.
That´s because i´m using the original throttle body with its throttle position sensor, the clutch cylinder for the brake and a 45kg spring for the clutch lever. The build cost me about 100 Euro and are much better than my former pedals.

1118kg1.jpg

14jfk9o.jpg

Here is the list of all parts, if someone wants to copy it.
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/diy-pedals-with-subaru-parts.207492/
Favorite DIY pedals ive seen to date. I fully plan on copying these in the near future. Just awesome!

My first DIY project was GT3 recing wheel, when I bought plans from AMSTUDIO. Wheel is combination of aluminium plate and 3D printed parts. Wheel is adapted via 3D printed clutch on old motor base from G25 wheel.
IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

Buttton box is idea and connection schema of Arduino from AMSTUDIO.
IMG_0186.JPG

Next projects are comletelly my.
Sequential shifter - combination of aluminium plates and profiles + 3D printed parts. Zero, basic position and initial power is fixed via magnets.
IMG_0187.JPG

Hand brake is mainly from printed parts. Transfer from stick to potentiometer is via toth gears. Hand brake use Arduino Micro.
IMG_0188.JPG

Both, shifter and handbrake are clamped on table via bracket made by 3D printer + screws.

My bike projects are a few hours away from the first wooden plank handlebar prototype.

This it the current state of my bike rig, a 4DOF platform with roll, pitch, heave and traction loss.

BVS_one.JPEG

Lots of goodies like wind sim, vibration speakers, haptic motors, force feedback countersteering emulation, hydraulic brakes, kneepad rumblers, RGB leds.. The list gets longer as time passes. This hobby has no limits!

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 38 13.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 32 11.4%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 38 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • Friday

Votes: 97 34.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 162 57.9%