Should I feel bumps in the road...

About the only thing that is bothering me right now about rF2 is the FFB. Overall it is quite good, but the one thing that is lacking on my system is feeling any kind of bumps in the road through the wheel. For instance, the last long straight stretch at Nordschleife, I can see my front end bouncing like crazy over the road surface, but I don't feel anything in my hands. Should I? To me, it seems like my wheel should be shaking like crazy based on what the car is doing. I do feel curb bumps and when i'm off track bumps, but for some reason no road bumps.

Is this a settings adjustment somewhere or could it be that my wheel is so low grade that it doesn't simulate all of the rF2 FFB effects? I know in other games, I can feel road bumps so I doubt it's my wheel.

I use zero FFB smoothing and recommend only to increase if your wheel begins to act erratic because too much smoothing will lessen the wheel's sensitivity!

(In Thrustmaster's Control Panel i use the following for my TS-XW Racer but your model may differ and especially on your Overall Strength)

Overall Strength of all forces: 60 - 65%
Constant: 100%
Periotic: 100%
Spring: 0%
Damper: 100%

Last edited:
Bumps may have no impact on your wheel depending on which angle you hit them. Imagine a situation where you hit a speed bump with a real car in a straight angle, will your wheel start twisting a lot? Probably not. This is all rF2 FFB models, i.e. the forces on the steering arm. There are no fake effects or anything from hitting a bump itself that would trigger some FFB, it's all depends on what forces on the steering wheel the mentioned bump triggers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.