Shimmering shadows

Sorry for the bad english (google translate).
The minimum value of the Contact Shadow parameter can be set to 1. In this case, a shadow will remain under one in front of the vehicle (even if all shadows are turned off), which flickers unpleasantly. This flickering cannot be corrected with any graphics settings.
Is it possible to somehow set Contact Shadow to 0 (maybe in the config file) or remove the flickering of this shadow?

t1.jpg
t2.jpg
t3.jpg

Can you make screenshots of your graphics options and maybe post a video of the flickering shadows? I think I've never heard about that problem before.

Flickering of shadows is especially clearly visible at 42-46 seconds (and 59-1.04).

Last edited:
I see, you're talking about the Z-fighting which makes various textures flicker in the game. It has always been a problem in RaceRoom, especially on the Nordschleife. It's better on other tracks. You're not using a triple screen setup, right? You could try increasing MSAA or disabling motion blur, but you won't be able to get rid of it completely.

I see, you're talking about the Z-fighting which makes various textures flicker in the game. It has always been a problem in RaceRoom, especially on the Nordschleife. It's better on other tracks. You're not using a triple screen setup, right? You could try increasing MSAA or disabling motion blur, but you won't be able to get rid of it completely.
I was advised
Try this file: Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\graphics_options.xml
It helped.
But after that I got a few errors in the game, but I think it's just a coincidence.
Now everything is ok. Let's see what will happen next.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea