1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Shifter TH8A or?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Cozzyy1, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Was going to buy the shh 7r shifter but seen the TH8A for £99 which i think is pretty cheap?
    Was wondering whats the lowest prices you guys have seen it at or what shifters you recommend for £100

2. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

got one and can`t complain .. looks good, feels good, works good, has seq. mod and analogue handbrake mod ....
    only downside is that you can`t just easily switch from H to seq mod ... you need to unscrew 4 screw change plate and screw them back .. not a dealbraker, usualy I just change that while game is loading but tends to be anoying a bit sometimes :)

never tried the plastic ssh but I prefer metal for these pieces of gear anyway

3. I have the SHH and I love it, but the downside is you might have to wait a month or two till a run is being done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. is £99 a good price for a new one?

5. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

in my country it costs ~110 GBP so 99 is good .. whatever you choose H shifter is game changer ... heel&toe will make even Assetto Corsa fun to hotlap :whistling::p

6. never bothered to change it to sequential as it looks so cumbersome to do, so i wouldnt let that be a factor. the shh has a lot of happy owners, this is a great stick tho

7. The TH8A is great for the price. That being said, I've been planning to upgrade to the clubsport. The feel to me isn't enough, and I only switched to sequential once and didn't think it felt nice. I'm using it til the new HE h-shifter is released, though.

It feels sturdy and well made, you can shift quite quickly. The shift knob did break on me though, but it's easy enough to swap on a knob from a real car.