1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadows issue

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by tostador, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Hi.
    I´ve the problem below with the shadows, no matter the shadows level.

My graphic card is ATI HD 4770, with the last drivers, and I only have this problem with this game. Any idea?
  2. Shadows artifacts like this seem more of a diver related problem. Have you tried downloading an old ATI driver?
  3. I have the same problem. My card is ATI 4570.

It appears only with CLEAR weather
  4. It has also happened with older versions of the game, not so clear, but it has, and with older drivers too. However I ´ll try with the older versions.
  5. I have the same problem. My card is ATI 4870. It appears that a clear
    practical rain graphic exellent. ditto for presedent album
  6. Does the game give you the possibility to switch between DX10 and DX11? Like the 2011 version? If yes try to switch and let me know! ;)
  7. Hi I have that shadows as well..
    There is no option between dx9-10-11
  8. Fix maybe?
  9. geforce 360 gt here and the same issue
  10. in the documents folder, there is a hardware_settings_config file. Edit it with notepad - change force dx10 to true or false and see if it helps.
  11. I thank you for your help

mie true, it does not change anything pffffff
  12. Repair problem since the update n ° 2,
    but another problem from this update!
    I have more shadows along the circuit, and large black spot half a second to laziness.
    several times per turn, I could rule the problem by putting shadows on deactived or very low.
    I have no luck
  13. I had the same problem.
    First I changed the force dx10 to true, but it didn't help.
    Then I changed the shadow quality to very low and it dissappeared.
    Somehow, there's still a problem which came up after patch 2. During the game, the graphic performance is sometime very slow (almost every lap). The game doesn't freeze, but it's awfully slow. I couldn't figure out a solution for that.