1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shadow & texture flickering

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Calum McLure, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Calum McLure

Calum McLure
    Did ye, aye? Premium Member

I have been getting extreme amounts of texture and shadow flickering, which includes the whole screen blacking out at times for quite a while now. It started not long after the Steam release, I booted it back up after a couple of months of not playing it and the problem is still there.

It appears to get worse the longer I play which I know makes it sound like a hardware problem but I had the same issue a few months ago with my old AMD card and it is still doing it with an Nvidia.

I'm sure I seen this mentioned in a thread a few months back but had a look and couldn't find it.

Thank you in advance for any help.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  2. Fabio Rodrigues

Fabio Rodrigues
    Reiza Studios Community Manager

Are you perhaps running the game in medium or lower settings? If that's the case, try higher ones and see if it helps.
  3. Calum McLure

Calum McLure

Should have mentioned that I am running everything on max settings, using an i5-3570k and a 970.
  4. Justin Davis

Justin Davis
    Premium Member

Running the same setup here. Although I've not experienced this problem with GSCE yet, it used to happen ALL the time in rF1. The solution was to turn shadows down to medium. Sucks because I like my shadows, but that always did the trick for me....
    • Beer Beer x 1
  5. Calum McLure

Calum McLure

Cheers, will give it a try later and see how it goes.
  6. There was a similar issue (the user changed vid cards) a few weeks back, In this case his game would start to a black screen but it was running. The solution turned out to be a freash install of the video drivers. Before reinstalling the latest drivers for a second, or third time the guy used Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) to make sure that no remnants of any previous drivers were causing issues.

Could be worth considering this approach.

Edit: BTW with a 970 you can max out every GSCx graphics feature and you will have plenty of power to spare... except (maybe) if your triple screen.
  7. xnorb

Premium Member

In rF2 there's a black rectangle below the car if i have the shadow settings on max.
    Lowering it one step removes the problem and the shadow looks ok.

Guess that's just the downside of PC gaming :)
  8. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota
    Sriple Tix Premium Member

I also have 970 with triple screen and flickering (shadows, sometimes even buildings ...) appears only when I set Shadow Blur ON. I have shadows on medium, because too much everything distracts me, and without blur everything is fine here :)
    • Like Like x 1