Setting the Brake Bias for Ai

Greetings! I recently discovered an interesting concept in Rfactor regarding brake bias. The idea is to slightly reduce traction by setting the brake bias to make the AI struggle to maintain grip, resulting in a more realistic driving experience.

In GTR2, my understanding of brake bias is as follows:

RearBrakeRange: This line determines the available range of brake bias adjustment for the vehicle. The values within the parentheses represent the minimum, step, and maximum values.

RearBrakeSetting: This line specifies the initial brake bias setting for the vehicle, specifically for the rear brakes.

Of course, as the player, one can adjust the brake bias to a more suitable setting. However, I am curious if an SVM for the track would be a more appropriate method of adjusting the bias for the AI.

This is very interesting. Have you compared the effect of changing the HDC/HDV parameters (e.g. RearBrakeSetting) and setting your own manual setup? Do they achieve the same effect?

Thinking about when one might be more appropriate than the other: perhaps a car setup file makes sense when you need to destabilize the AI more than usual on a particular track? Or a setup file makes sense if you already needed to assign a setup to the AI for other reasons e.g. longer or shorter gearing?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back