Set up my ClubSport Pedals V3

• Thread starter Deleted member 875593
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 875593

• Deleted member 875593

Hi!

A few days ago my new wheel arrived. Setting up the wheel is not the problem, it works like a charm.
But somehow i dont get the feeling with the brakes.
I dont really know in which way i should adjust the load cell and the braking force.
Somehow it´s not, or seldom, possible to lock the brakes. No matter what the car is. Even the vintage cars are locking rarely.
That´s quite confusing, with my old G27 pedals there was an almost instant lock. And here i´m looking for the sweet spot.
Anyone can guide me to a proper brake setup?

Thanks!

Hi

Open rF2 pedal hud on screen and see how far you press them
Sounds to me like you not making 100%

I had CSP v1 and have CSP v3 in cupboard unopened :) ( waiting till I sell TM pedals to buy masks and gloves doh )

So I can't comment any further I only know v3 have much better load cell

P.S.
If load cell adjustment is like v1 pedals then turn right off and start from there
Get to 100kph and brake as fast and smooth as you can with no locking
Gradually increase load cell
Do that all around course like Italy '66 ( lots of straight)

Each car also relies on braking force in garage setup ;)

• Deleted member 875593

I´m reaching the 100%, fully perfect. But somehow i have to find the spot between the load cell stiffness and the wheels brakeforce. If it´s too high, then i got this feeling of the G27 pedals where you just move your foot by 2mm and got an instant lock; and then there´s lower settings where you smash the pedal and you feel like ABS. I cant find that feeling which suits me, again maybe cause i´m simply too stupid to understand how to set up the load cell to my taste.

I take the prize for stupid :p
By now they should have standard engine and physics
Then things like hardware , audio, VR settings and performance become uniform

Help me understand how 6 engines physics pulling in different directions is better

Have you calibrated it in the Fanatec software? Also think there is ABS setting on the wheel which I have never looked in to.

From my experience in the Fanatec software disable auto calibrate, although you will need to do this before the above.

Have u set max and min in rfactor?

• Deleted member 875593

Yes, everything is calibrated and i have the full range available everywhere. After experimenting a while i found a setting for the load cell and i´m changing the BrakeForce to get a decent feeling. I´m nearing it but i´m not fully satisfied. It just feels a bit too ...damped? after the first half of brake range. And what i change seems always too much, no matter in which direction. The ABS setting seems just to regulate the vibration of the pedal.
As an example, when i drive the Spark F1, i can slam full brakes at high speed and got the feeling as if the brake is fading in to it´s maximum. I am able to drive, but i have always the feeling that i could brake harder. But then, i have driven those cheap Logitech pedals for nearly six years (too long) and have no comparison to a brake of this class.

Yes, everything is calibrated and i have the full range available everywhere. After experimenting a while i found a setting for the load cell and i´m changing the BrakeForce to get a decent feeling. I´m nearing it but i´m not fully satisfied. It just feels a bit too ...damped? after the first half of brake range. And what i change seems always too much, no matter in which direction. The ABS setting seems just to regulate the vibration of the pedal.
As an example, when i drive the Spark F1, i can slam full brakes at high speed and got the feeling as if the brake is fading in to it´s maximum. I am able to drive, but i have always the feeling that i could brake harder. But then, i have driven those cheap Logitech pedals for nearly six years (too long) and have no comparison to a brake of this class.
When you brake at full force what does it show on the rfactor calibration screen and/ or the brake force display on the wheel?

• Deleted member 875593

It shows full range....
And yes, now you mention it I should probably expect exactly what’s happening:whistling:
I have a setup now from which I can work up, still feels a little off in modern cars, but I’ll get it. Thank you!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.