• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Server date & hour problem

Discussion in 'Richard Burns Rally' started by Kevin Cox, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox

Ratings:
    +215
    Hi,

I am trying to join an online race, but I get the message saying "Your computer is not at the server hour. Do you want to change the hour?" I click yes then a message saying "Server date and hour : 17/07/2011 23:22:05 [GMT +1] To set your computer with the original date and hour : 18/07/2011 00:22:05 [GMT +2]?" I click yes then get the message "The date and hour were NOT able to be updated! Please adjust the hour manually."

How do I adust the settings manually?

Thanks. :)

2. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Right click on your clock in the bottom right corner, click on Adjust date/time, and adjust the clock to match the server time.

3. uru

uru

Ratings:
    +5
    I had the same problem with Win7. I had to go to the RSRBR icon and with the mouse right click go to properties. Then in some of the menus flag the phrase: "use as administrator" or something like this. I have the italian language then I don't know exactly the correct phrase.

4. Roy Magnes

Roy Magnes
    Gentleman Driver Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,685
    When I get that error message, I exit the program, right click it's icon, and select "run as administrator". Then it allows the program to adjust the clock and go online :)

5. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox

Ratings:
    +215
    Thanks Roy, that solved my problem. :D

6. Ashok Revanna

Ashok Revanna

Ratings:
    +8
    I think doing so, it will change the time settings forever until you intervene to tweak.

My way of overcoming this issue is to synchronize the clock with GMT & adjust the computer timezone with respect to the timezone in the settings GMT/UTC of RSCenter. Once the rally is finished just change the computer timezone to your local timezone & thus the time is not altered :) CONFUSED? THEN FORGET IT! :D