Wanted Sequential shifter and a handbrake (UK)

Des Pearce

Premium
I'm after separate shifter and handbrake. I'd be interested in a Fanatec Clubsport SQ v1.5 at the right price but otherwise a mid price sequential and a separate handbrake.

I'm after separate shifter and handbrake. I'd be interested in a Fanatec Clubsport SQ v1.5 at the right price but otherwise a mid price sequential and a separate handbrake.
The Fanatec is a good gated shifter if you want h-pattern, but the sequential function feels pretty lame, but it's a good option if you need both and have limited budget and/or space. If you just need a sequential shifter I'd highly recommend the Sim Jack for about £80 from Ali Express. I prefer its feel to my Heusinkveld, it's a lot 'clunkier' (and is adjustable) and uses hall sensors instead of microswitches, which can wear out. It's also got zero lateral play (unlike the Heusinkveld), a earlier criticism that Sim Jack seem to have corrected. Build quality is now excellent. The only advantage of the Heusinkveld is its smaller form factor, but at three times the cost of the Sim Jack.
Don't buy a Fanatec handbrake, it's like a kid's toy.

The Fanatec is a good gated shifter if you want h-pattern, but the sequential function feels pretty lame, but it's a good option if you need both and have limited budget and/or space. If you just need a sequential shifter I'd highly recommend the Sim Jack for about £80 from Ali Express. I prefer its feel to my Heusinkveld, it's a lot 'clunkier' (and is adjustable) and uses hall sensors instead of microswitches, which can wear out. It's also got zero lateral play (unlike the Heusinkveld), a earlier criticism that Sim Jack seem to have corrected. Build quality is now excellent. The only advantage of the Heusinkveld is its smaller form factor, but at three times the cost of the Sim Jack.
Don't buy a Fanatec handbrake, it's like a kid's toy.
Recently bought a simjack shifter and I love it. Feels solid and has an adjustable stiffness too. For the price I paid £80 ISH shipped it's amazing value.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back