• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Have a chance to win a copy of F1 2017 The Game (PC) by following RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

Second Race Grid

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Blair Scott, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Blair Scott

Blair Scott

Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone explain how the second race grid is determined in GTR Evo/Race on? I usually qualify lower in the pack and finish mid pack. Three weeks in a row now, in club events, I have had the pole in race 2. Just wondering how I end up in that spot 3 in a row.

Thanks

2. Andrew Macpherson

Andrew Macpherson

Ratings:
    +9
    The top 8 finishers from the first race start in reverse order in the second race (winner starts in 8th, second place starts in 7th, ... , eighth place starts on the pole). The rest of the field starts race 2 in their finish position from race 1.

So you must be always finishing 8th in the first race.

3. Randy Wolfgram

Randy Wolfgram

Ratings:
    +0
    Blair, here's my understanding, but I'm sure you'll get the right answer if I have a misunderstanding.

The first 8 finishers in race 1 determine the first 8 positions in race 2 in the reverse order that they finished race 1 (ie. 8th place in race 1 starts on the pole in race 2, 7th starts 2nd, 6th starts 3rd, etc down to the race 1 winner starting in 8th). The remainder of the field reflects the order they finished in race 1 (ie. 9th place finisher starts 9th in race 2, 10th starts 10th, etc).

4. Andrew Macpherson

Andrew Macpherson

Ratings:
    +9
    Too slow Randy! :tongue:

It's funny, we practically used the same wording and everything.

5. Randy Wolfgram

Randy Wolfgram

Ratings:
    +0
    I know, that cracked me up.. as soon as I posted, yours was there :D

6. Blair Scott

Blair Scott

Ratings:
    +0
    Cool, Thanks guys