Sebring 2021

Tracks Sebring 2021 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content

MadBrain

Premium
Hi,

following your reply, you can find many free 3D models on website like turbosquid, there is lowpoly vehicles and buildings for examples which could be a good start. Unfortunately, many objects may not suit the need here and could require more work than doing them from scratch, so be careful.

The only model's I've found worth using on TurboSquid are the ones that cost money. But AC default content also uses plenty of TurboSquid models, so it can be done right.

MadBrain

Premium
Yes thank you, i have already converted more than 80 xpacks btb in rtb, that's exactly what I use! They are not very beautiful textures, I even try to convert files sketshup https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/index.html
with blender ,, in fbx ,,, but I believe that I will be forced to create mine myself !, This will take me even more time !!!!!
I will look your site thank you to you !!!

As much as I am sure the improvements may assist the running of the game. For me, it has lost all of its character by removing all the objects ("vehicle and character"). I will stick with your original version. As always, many thank for your efforts.

Gevatter

The James May of Simracing
Thanks for the texture update! Road textures look a lot better now IMO. I have a question about the texture you use on the start/finish straight. It has that repaired look with tar fills in the cracks I suppose. I use the gwb mod (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weathers.11194/) and when using a wet weather, that tar texture becomes very reflective and shiny. I'm not sure if tar gets that reflective when wet in real life, but it gets quite distracting. Is there something you can do about this? If not, I'll just keep Sebring in perpetual sunshine :)

Edit: Spelling

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, unfortunately, for me at least, FPS drop still here even without doing one single lap, already out of the pitlane, booommm loss of FPS.

So, it looks like objects were not (only ?) the guilty and considering the game engine behaviour, it really remind me what happened when there are too much physical colliders than the CPU can actually handle for a single frame, causing delay and frames drop.

How are road and wall + other stuff "behind the scene" ?
Does the track includes lot's of physical meshes (whatever their name is in BTB/AC) ?

The only other clue comes to my mind is textures, as they are not compressed at all in gfx board memory, so disk size is irrelevant if the textures use any compression. Too much textures + data swap may also cause FPS drop I guess (but with 4GB of gfx mem, I'm not convinced).

Hope you'll find the source of this issue.

I've done some testing using Bandicam to display actual game FPS.

just for the record:
no gfx mod used, target framerate 60 FPS, many options lowered (shadow, mirror view) view distance 380m (only), world detail max, smoke gen medium, post process enabled (natural filter, overall quality, glare, dof = max)
resolution: max = 1920x1080, anisotropic filter: 8x, MSAA 2x (there is so much options, don't know if one can really change a lot except using the lowest settings for most of them).

The car used for the test was the Mustang Boss 302 LS, controlled by keyboard
As a reference, on Kunos' Highland long, I got: 60 FPS (min 59 occasionally) for all view (cockpit, bonnet, behind, ...)

With the 0.2 version of your track:
30 FPS mostly when big building in the middle of the track is inside the view frustum.
FPS vary from 30, grow to 32-36 then 60 are reached suddenly when the building became, I guess, out of "sight" (ex: on the small straight with the Mobil 1 bridge and some part of the back straight)
Weird: turning back when reaching 60 FPS area doesn't means fall back to 30 FPS immediately ! Even when big building is visible.

30 FPS as a raw number doesn't means that's much but when it's occur, I can really feel the game slowing down significantly making the car not very drivable.

I'll eventually try the same with the 0.1 version of the track. Hope that's help.

Unfortunately, the new version 0.3 is missing the signs indicating the distance to the curve (250, 200,150, 100,50). Would be nice if they were included again.

Thanks...

Unfortunately, the new version 0.3 is missing the signs indicating the distance to the curve (250, 200,150, 100,50). Would be nice if they were included again.

Thanks...
I agree with this, but WOW this is so great. I was using an oil spot on the track in v 0.2 for a braking reference and now its gone, it makes me think about the turn again. Excellent!!!!! do you have any other US tracks in your head? Watkins Glen? Road Atlanta?

MadBrain

Premium
I agree with this, but WOW this is so great. I was using an oil spot on the track in v 0.2 for a braking reference and now its gone, it makes me think about the turn again. Excellent!!!!! do you have any other US tracks in your head? Watkins Glen? Road Atlanta?

Lol, yes in my head there is other project, but not that! Watkins Glen / Road Atlanta, but other, thank you

Hey Dr. first of all, excellent track, you know I'm a fan. I've checked the last messages (1 star rating?... ffs!) and it seems that the track is using a huge amount of memory. I did not have a problem loading it since my system runs on 32Gb of RAM... but the track uses roughly 22Gb... comparing to Nordschleife, is a really big difference. If you need help with something, just let me know, I'll do what I can to help. Best regards!

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 117 27.9%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • €3001-5000