Seating Sizing Help - Sparco Grid Q / NRG Prisma

So I am about to buy a seat to mount on my TR80 rig. Ideally I'd get a Sparco Evo XL and not have to worry, but they are a bit too pricey. The Grid Q looks great, but I think it might just be a wee bit tight for my hips. The other option I have for the same money is the NRG Prisma from Amazon, at £400. I'd prefer the Sparco, but I am not opposed to a red Prisma.

Does anyone have internal widths of these seats between the bolsters at the seat base, front, middle, and back? I want to be sure my hips will fit. I may need to wait for a deal on the Evo XL.

I'm 6ft, 85kg, and have broad hips. My waist varies from 34" to 36" depending on exercise, as does my weight - right now its on a downward trajectory. I suspect hip width is more important here.

Thanks!

I have the Evo L in my car, one size smaller than the Evo XL... thinking if you need the Evo XL to fit hip width, then other seats are going to be (too) tight unless you can find specs that say otherwise.

Honestly, unless you have a motion rig, there's no reason for a simrig seat to have side bolsters that hug the hips. It's not like you're pulling real cornering forces that will throw you out of a seat without bolsters!

Upvote 0
At only 420 mm, a full 55 mm less wide than the EVO XL, the Grid Q is going to be extremely tight. Grid Q SKY is even more narrow at 400 mm.

1695913330968.png

GRID Q SKY measurements from murraymotorsport.com
1695913634804.png

Upvote 0
I have the Evo L in my car, one size smaller than the Evo XL... thinking if you need the Evo XL to fit hip width, then other seats are going to be (too) tight unless you can find specs that say otherwise.

Honestly, unless you have a motion rig, there's no reason for a simrig seat to have side bolsters that hug the hips. It's not like you're pulling real cornering forces that will throw you out of a seat without bolsters!
Yeah. It's the rigid back I want for better braking without flex. I've not sat in any of these seats - there's nowhere to try them. I'm kinda thinking the Evo L might be the way to go. Any chance you can measure yours - I'm not sure how accurate the sizing table is and how wide the side bolsters are front and back, do they taper in. The size guide tells what they are at the front but then only gives a width of the Seat back.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea