Seat Leon TCR - 2018

Cars Seat Leon TCR - 2018 V1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Very nice mod, here some bug ?! :
20180320144827_1.jpg

20180320144817_1.jpg

W2mtGgN.jpg

Hi All,

I have listened to @LoeVG and message him, and damn this man has some serious experience. What he was saying about the DSG version is correct (it's only an electronic clutch) and they only get converted to manual clutch, IF they go for the SEQ Upgrade, which they can ask for. Fortunatly, there is no BHP, Torque, power differences, there is very very suttle difference's.

I know where I have gone wrong on my part, and I explained it to him, to see what he thought, and it makes total sense, and it's an easy fix tbh.

Now I have spoken to my team, and they all said, and I quote,
Whatever you do: DON'T CHANGE THE CAR in terms of driving behaviour ;) Its so f...king good :inlove:

So no pressure then :laugh:

I will wait for some more feedback from Carl, and I will also look into everything that everybody has mentioned. I have kept notes in my Modders Book save me going through all this.

Shaun

Last edited:
Very nice mod, here some bug ?! :
20180320144827_1.jpg

20180320144817_1.jpg

W2mtGgN.jpg
Hi There,

Can you please put a short description on these just to point us in the correct direction.

PIC 1 - Stay on the Race Track? :D- If you look, a lot of Kunos cars (Esp the Mazda MX5 Cup / Audi TT Cup) do this as well. Sorry, but I don't spend my time testing on the grass :thumbsup:

Shaun

Hi All,

I have listened to @LoeVG and message him, and damn this man has some serious experience. What he was saying about the DSG version is correct (it's only an electronic clutch) and they only get converted to manual clutch, IF they go for the SEQ Upgrade, which they can ask for. Fortunatly, there is no BHP, Torque, power differences, there is very very suttle difference's.

I know where I have gone wrong on my part, and I explained it to him, to see what he thought, and it makes total sense, and it's an easy fix tbh.

Now I have spoken to my team, and they all said, and I quote,

So no pressure then :laugh:

I will wait for some more feedback from Carl, and I will also look into everything that everybody has mentioned. I have kept notes in my Modders Book save me going through all this.

Shaun
Don't change the car's driving behavior even though it has nearly three times the downforce it should? That's interesting...one of the reasons why driver opinions should only be supplementary to actual data.

@mclarenf1papa @Jebus and I did say this also......

and I will also look into everything that everybody has mentioned

I also said that I am waiting for more feedback from an actual TCR driver. You look at the Eurocup for example. I have had feedback direct from IZONE on this, as they asked that the TCR version is not a replacement for the Eurocup version as "drivers" have created setups for my Eurocup version and to late in the season to replace it, which I ensured it doesn't.

Nobody has moaned about the Eurocup and aerodynamics, not one person. Why, I have no idea. What I do know is somebody in very high place helped me with those aerodynamics, and there is very little difference in the two cars, as in the aerodynamic package.

I am not defending anything, @mclarenf1papa you know more about this sort of stuff than I could ever imagine to know.

There has to be a really fine balance, this is how I see things, and this is how I personally look at things.
  1. Does it look the part?
  2. Does it have the correct gearing
  3. Does it have the correct power output / turbo / TCS / ABS
  4. Does it handle OK to start with. Not being a racing driver myself I have to start somewhere.
  5. Does it have the correct tyres / Aerodynamics (if information is available or I can gain it)
  6. Release and see what the Community think
  7. There is loads more to this list, but you get the idea.
IMHO there is no point in having something that is ULTRA realistic and people can't drive it, so it is finding that fine balance. I am still taking your points on board @mclarenf1papa as I really want to know / perfect my skills before AC1 vanishes :thumbsup:

Shaun

Shaun, Great update

I questioned the tires an handling last week, pleased to say the car feels great now. If possible can you can get Carl Swift to post his review of the mod ?
I will try. As you can imagine he is pretty busy at the moment. He should be testing on the 30th March, is when he is at IZONE, and then that weekend is the first race of the season, so I most probably won't hear from him until the Tuesday / Wednesday, but if he sends me anything between then, I will share with you.

Shaun

Hi guys !

I tried the TCR last night and the feeling was great ! i did try differents setup to see the changes in the car behaviour !

So i did my test at Spa (as always lmao, CM tells me i'm over 11 000kms now driven on this track), so here what I got:
Laptime: 2.28.599 (air 15° track 20°, grip 100%)

Depending on how I was driving it seems that the difference between in and out temps of the tire were a bit high, 12 ° even more some times (3° of camber, 3.3Hz spring ratio) on front axle.

I think that the front brakes can handle the heat (around 400-600° since it's a FWD car, and as far as i know it's a working range for racing cars).

Even with a 0° rear spoiler I didnt had any issue at high speed or whatever, it seems that the car is a bit glued to the ground ^^

I loved the rear tire locking bit it feels and look real but maybe it's because the weight balance is a bit to much in the front ? Anyway I found a way to reduce the effect easily so no big deal ! (I must admit it looks so damn cool)

I was looking at the 2018 regulation PDF file it seems that we can touch only bump and rebound, well by this I mean we can't touch fast ones (it's the same in 2017).

10.9 Shock absorbers: Only commercial hydraulic 2 way adjustable shock absorbers are allowed. (Certification)
http://tcr-series.com/index.php/inside-tcr/homologated-cars/item/seat-leon-tcr-dsg-v3
http://tcr-series.com/pdf/2018_TCR_Technical Regulations_2018_02_27.pdf

Anyway all this was after the driving tests, tonight i will get the big girl naked and see what's Inside lol

Hi guys !

I tried the TCR last night and the feeling was great ! i did try differents setup to see the changes in the car behaviour !

So i did my test at Spa (as always lmao, CM tells me i'm over 11 000kms now driven on this track), so here what I got:
Laptime: 2.28.599 (air 15° track 20°, grip 100%)

Depending on how I was driving it seems that the difference between in and out temps of the tire were a bit high, 12 ° even more some times (3° of camber, 3.3Hz spring ratio) on front axle.

I think that the front brakes can handle the heat (around 400-600° since it's a FWD car, and as far as i know it's a working range for racing cars).

Even with a 0° rear spoiler I didnt had any issue at high speed or whatever, it seems that the car is a bit glued to the ground ^^

I loved the rear tire locking bit it feels and look real but maybe it's because the weight balance is a bit to much in the front ? Anyway I found a way to reduce the effect easily so no big deal ! (I must admit it looks so damn cool)

I was looking at the 2018 regulation PDF file it seems that we can touch only bump and rebound, well by this I mean we can't touch fast ones (it's the same in 2017).

10.9 Shock absorbers: Only commercial hydraulic 2 way adjustable shock absorbers are allowed. (Certification)
http://tcr-series.com/index.php/inside-tcr/homologated-cars/item/seat-leon-tcr-dsg-v3
http://tcr-series.com/pdf/2018_TCR_Technical Regulations_2018_02_27.pdf

Anyway all this was after the driving tests, tonight i will get the big girl naked and see what's Inside lol
Thanks for that detailed. The reason it is "glued" is before of the downforce, as Mclaren said, something I need to look in to, but I also want to wait for Carl's feed back, as he is the one that is driving this IRL.

Like I said I wish I could show you the side by side video, and although you say it's glued, so is the real thing looking at that video, but not allowed to share it until April 1st (not an April Fools Joke), that's the date of the first race @ Silverstone.

Regards

Shaun

OK, Lets put this out here. I have shared the video with a few trusted friends, as I keep referring to "this video" but the majority of you cannot see it, yet.

So step up peeps, you know who you are and be honest, tell the world what you see, pretty please :D

Shaun

I have managed to take the time to read "all" of your comments, and seriously, you have blown us "the team" all away, so thank you all for taking the time to put a comment, but there was a couple of comments that was said, that I want to mention.

The Comments are - "Kunos should learn from you"

My reply to that is - Actually @kunos took the time, patience, and shed loads of questions from me,
out of their busy schedule to help / teach me / advise me, just wanted to put that out there.

Shaun

Last edited:
Laptime match bit per bit !
I noticed some missmatched gears but i think its related to the driving.

So the car is now in my hands (naked ouhhhhh yeah).

Looking at data:
How much transmission loss did you applied ?
What i see: HP at wheels 325BHP, torque 378NM
I assumed 16% transmission loss for a race car and result at the crankshaft is: 386BHP and 450NM

Why the body wing has CL ?
It seems that is a copy and paste of the CD file.

Looking the car with CM:
It seems that the fuel tank is just behind the driver seat (doesn't match the model)
seat_fuel_tank.png

The collider is a bit too high and too long
seat_collider.png

I don't know if this matters but it seems that the body wing is a bit low
seat_wings.png

By looking at the 2018 and 2017 specs and car it seems that you are using 2017 specs.
The car has lost some kilos and a few nm of torque (my first guess it to lower running cost, and because we are running of of gas lmao)

I didn't test the car with ACTI yet but i'll, just after my "raclette" dinner with my friends lol.

Anyway, hope you don't take this wrong, i'm trying to help to improve the car.
And I know you Shaun you want to get it as close as it get :D !

Last edited:

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 31 13.8%
  • Thursday

Votes: 29 12.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 78 34.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 128 57.1%