SEASON 9 RACE 4 - Driver's meeting

This thread is compulsary/mandatory reading

In this thread we discuss and agree on the spesifics of the track/race. Where do we need to watch cutting and running wide, is there anything we need to agree upon eg. at the start of the race (constantina effects etc.) and other stuff that is normal in a driver's meeting.

Please keep every post to the point as it is mandatory reading, to make it less time consuming for those with less time/ a busy life.

Cutting the first corner, but just a little bit [straight-lining], and running wide on the final corner [drifitng] all OK then? In Q I mean. :)

Seriously though, I would like everyone to consider sticking to the left hand wall when entering the pit lane.

As an example, the last time we raced here, I nearly had a collision with Nico when he entered the pitlane and I needed to lift and turn right to avoid [Yes, I close-ish behind]; Chirlie and then someone else passed me for position down the straight, but it was the sudden change in direction of Nico ahead of me in the flat out final turn that I remember vividly.:confused:

Pit lane exit lines. Do they matter?

Cutting the first corner, but just a little bit [straight-lining], and running wide on the final corner [drifitng] all OK then?
I get the feeling that you do not understand my points about cutting and running wide. As far as I remember it is possible to greatly cut and run wide in those corners (opposite of Lesmo's and exit of Ascari) and thus one need to follow the general white line rule.

As for pit exit and entry I need to drive the track with that in mind to form an opinion, I cannot remember the details, but from what you say it sounds like we need some agreement in this area in lines of your suggestion (stick to the left wall).

Seriously though, I would like everyone to consider sticking to the left hand wall when entering the pit lane.

As an example, the last time we raced here, I nearly had a collision with Nico when he entered the pitlane and I needed to lift and turn right to avoid [
I've looked at the pit entry on this video many times now. What I am thinking is that last time we raced here we had pit speed limit on (right?) and thus had to brake harder.

I think there will be no problem* with pit entry (provided everybody have practiced them) as only a small reduction in speed is needed to make that tighter arch that is needed to end up in pit instead of next lap.

I tried to apply your "stick to the left wall" suggestion Peter, when looking at the video. I was unsure if you ment before the apex** or after. The only safe way I could see was if one stuck to the left and go to the left of the apex (cut), but that seemes slightly drastic/controversial?

*I am unsure what will happen if the pitting car has someone right behind (eg 0,300). A small reduction in pace might make the car behind move to the left to avoid/pass the pitting car.
**The second last apex of the lap, the last one before pit entry.

Pit lane exit lines. Do they matter?
Good question. The easiest would be to say that everybody must respect the pit exit line regardless if there is traffic or not.

Agree easyiest way is to respect exit line at all times:thumbsup:, the entry is tricky as the apex is just on the racing line I think if we think to be extra cautious if following cars around times people will be stopping and its also possible to take a wider line through last turn than in my vid leaving enough room at apex if someone broke and stayed inside the line before apex of entry it should be ok :)
Around laps 14/15, 22 and 29/30s i think will be most scheduled pit stops.

so no cutting allowed nico? its just i seen some cutting at t1 going off to right & was wondering if its ok, while i was on with a few friends practising q & stints, ave read the posted above but i thought rule stands with every track. anyway al be on in morning been a busy few weeks at work :O_o: & another question what if someone cuts & gets a pb, how would u know & would it get undone?

P.s pb ok except T1 i run wide slightly.

Sorry of I've missed it somewhere. It's worth stating that there is one white line that we do not consider a track defining white line at this track. Near the end of the lap at 1:05 in Sean's video. My understanding is that it is acceptable to use all the track up to the wall on the left as Sean does in his hotlap.

I assumed that anyway. Would be very strange not to :)

I agree with above.

However, one place where I forsee some will go wide and others not is the entry to t1. I think if you are right next to the right wall you are slightly wide, isn't this correct? Should we instruct all not to run wide there or say it doesn't matter? (I noticed Sean chose the safe option and stayed within the line in his video, which is the right thing to do if one are unsure :thumbsup:)

I say we should strictly follow the white line rule excluding the turn Tim mentioned. We did that all time here if I remember right. There's no reason to brake that rule lets say on the main straight, T1 or the exit of the last turn (going wide there). Of course mistakes will happen. :)

Then this is how we'll do it :thumbsup: (not because I'm admin, but because Reik's view was the only one, I agreed, that is 2-0 and case clear.)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.