• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Season 6 Race 4 Wtkins - Setup thread

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Anthony Ishak, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Anthony Ishak

Anthony Ishak

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Hi Guys

I thought to post this early to you..

I have done 2 setups, both based on the famous setup done by Reik a while ago " thx Champion", setup one is with low wings , setup 2 is with a bit higher wings and it is a bit more stable then setup 1...

- just a small tip for those who like to adjust things to their liking-- i found the rear camber somehow has a great influence on the grip of the front susp of the car on this track, therefore i am running with less negative rear camber than normally i do to increase the front grip so the car can turn-in better..Still your opinion is greatly appreciated as I might be wrong :)

- the gears might not be relevant to you, as you know i am running with auto shifting and i have to play with the gears in order to force the car shifting to the correct gear that I prefer for each turn..

Cheers
    Anthony

Attached Files:

2. Anthony Ishak

Anthony Ishak

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Here is the famous setup of our Champion Reik for those who did not download it yet .. Maybe Reik has already an update on this one ?:)

i attached as well a setup done by the Presto Gp test driver 'Vodkaman " :)..

Attached Files:

3. Jere Heikkinen

Jere Heikkinen

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey,

Here is my setup. 7th gear is too short in race conditions, and 1st gear might be too long in race start.

Attached Files:

4. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,206
    THANKS GUYS:) always appreciated

5. Bob Laube

Bob Laube

Ratings:
    +598
    Thanks for setups !!

now i need this one, and all is perfect :)

and i mean not the curtains!!

Bob

6. Kurt Kjellin

Kurt Kjellin

Ratings:
    +505
    I wonder what it does when doing some 360 or rolls :)

Thx for setups

7. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,281
    In some of the sprint races we've been having, the guys on the front row have been getting pretty poor starts, they seem to be a bit slow to react to the lights! like they're distracted or something? I was a bit puzzled by this so I've done some more investigating

Ahh... now I see why (see attached)

Jim

Attached Files:

8. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,902
    My experimental seup

There is a lot of banking at the Glen. A normal setup feels weak. I have experimented with Anthony's, Reik's and Jere's setups and found that I want to use much stiffer springs. I have the left rear spring on about 160. In turn five "Carousel" says Motec 7.8 G lateral force and suspension on the left show 4 mm negative height. For me, the car feels faster when I use spring about 100-110 in the front left and over 150 in the rear left. Front sway bar must be higher than 130. I use a couple of mm packer. The tyre pressure on the left side, 125/133. And I change the settings all the time to try to get balance. I hope I will find it:)

Edit:
    This was not ment as a criticism of the fast setups. If it sounds like that, sorry. I'm sure the posted setups are very good. Times recorded with them are super competitive. I just wanted to share my view. If I manage to drive fast with my setup I put it out. Unfortunately, I am just at 1.12.8. (slow as usual):)
    And thx to all who share their setup.

9. Alex Galyutin

Alex Galyutin

Ratings:
    +247
    Thank you guys for your setups! I will use one of them in the qualy - that's 100% info =)

10. Nicolai Nicholson

Nicolai Nicholson

Ratings:
    +4,836
    I am using Jere's setup and think that feels very good without adjustments. I changed the gears a little to better suite race conditions. Thank you Jere!

11. Peter Marshall

Peter Marshall

Ratings:
    +1,386
    LOL Jim.:cool:

Quicker than me mate! :good:

And like Nico, I use and like Jere's setup as a base, though I haven't tested with anything else yet. I suspect that I will fix Anthony's gearbox to it just so I can get so I can get it off the line.:)

12. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium

Ratings:
    +3,677
    Yes I have an update. Short time after making this setup, Ilearned from Jere, that more RW doesn't cost much speed but adds your more grip. So I raised it from 6 to 13(!). This resulted in a 1:11:7xx.

Today I tested Valters theories. I added little rear springs front and rear ARBs and lowered camber, especially in the rear. Now I did my PB, a 1:11:672. Thanks Valter! :D

Attached Files:

13. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,902
    Thanks Reik, now I can download and sabotage your setup to my own liking again:rolleyes: Good to hear from a top driver that I wasn't totally wrong in my assumptions.

14. Anthony Ishak

Anthony Ishak

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I am trying Valter and Reik latest artwork, thx guys :)

from now on i will send all my setups to Sweden... to Valters wind tunnel :):)...

15. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +1,902
    I really enjoy this classic track. No artificial 85 kmph chicanes that ruins the flow, but every tiny mistake here consumes a lot of precious time.

16. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +5,701
    based on reiks setup, this is what im using for qualifying, my race setup will be roughly the same but with fuel and hard tyres.

Attached Files:

• 1.svm
      File size:
      2.5 KB
      Views:
  17. Christian Ramlow

Christian Ramlow

Ratings:
    +0
    i didnt make the race ... fpps race was is disaster with 12 ppls ! undrivable for all guys

18. Graham Healey

Graham Healey

Ratings:
    +0
    Why was it undrivable Christian?

19. Bob Laube

Bob Laube

Ratings:
    +598
    I can not participate in the race at Watkins.
    Have a business meeting on Wednesday evening
    But we have many waiting newcomer, so no problem

Good luck all

until next event - Bob Laube

20. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

Ratings:
    +3,206
    leave me alone in the last position?:wink:

Good job mate:)