1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Season 6 Race 4 Wtkins - Setup thread

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Anthony Ishak, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Hi Guys

I thought to post this early to you..

I have done 2 setups, both based on the famous setup done by Reik a while ago " thx Champion", setup one is with low wings , setup 2 is with a bit higher wings and it is a bit more stable then setup 1...

- just a small tip for those who like to adjust things to their liking-- i found the rear camber somehow has a great influence on the grip of the front susp of the car on this track, therefore i am running with less negative rear camber than normally i do to increase the front grip so the car can turn-in better..Still your opinion is greatly appreciated as I might be wrong :)

- the gears might not be relevant to you, as you know i am running with auto shifting and i have to play with the gears in order to force the car shifting to the correct gear that I prefer for each turn..

Cheers
    Anthony

Attached Files:

2. Here is the famous setup of our Champion Reik for those who did not download it yet .. Maybe Reik has already an update on this one ?:)

i attached as well a setup done by the Presto Gp test driver 'Vodkaman " :)..

Attached Files:

3. Hey,

Here is my setup. 7th gear is too short in race conditions, and 1st gear might be too long in race start.

Attached Files:

4. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

THANKS GUYS:) always appreciated

5. Thanks for setups !!

now i need this one, and all is perfect :)

and i mean not the curtains!!

Bob

6. I wonder what it does when doing some 360 or rolls :)

Thx for setups

7. Jim Hawley

Jim Hawley
    PrestoGP Veteran

In some of the sprint races we've been having, the guys on the front row have been getting pretty poor starts, they seem to be a bit slow to react to the lights! like they're distracted or something? I was a bit puzzled by this so I've done some more investigating

Ahh... now I see why (see attached)

Jim

Attached Files:

8. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

My experimental seup

There is a lot of banking at the Glen. A normal setup feels weak. I have experimented with Anthony's, Reik's and Jere's setups and found that I want to use much stiffer springs. I have the left rear spring on about 160. In turn five "Carousel" says Motec 7.8 G lateral force and suspension on the left show 4 mm negative height. For me, the car feels faster when I use spring about 100-110 in the front left and over 150 in the rear left. Front sway bar must be higher than 130. I use a couple of mm packer. The tyre pressure on the left side, 125/133. And I change the settings all the time to try to get balance. I hope I will find it:)

Edit:
    This was not ment as a criticism of the fast setups. If it sounds like that, sorry. I'm sure the posted setups are very good. Times recorded with them are super competitive. I just wanted to share my view. If I manage to drive fast with my setup I put it out. Unfortunately, I am just at 1.12.8. (slow as usual):)
    And thx to all who share their setup.

9. Thank you guys for your setups! I will use one of them in the qualy - that's 100% info =)

10. I am using Jere's setup and think that feels very good without adjustments. I changed the gears a little to better suite race conditions. Thank you Jere!

11. LOL Jim.:cool:

Quicker than me mate! :good:

And like Nico, I use and like Jere's setup as a base, though I haven't tested with anything else yet. I suspect that I will fix Anthony's gearbox to it just so I can get so I can get it off the line.:)

12. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Yes I have an update. Short time after making this setup, Ilearned from Jere, that more RW doesn't cost much speed but adds your more grip. So I raised it from 6 to 13(!). This resulted in a 1:11:7xx.

Today I tested Valters theories. I added little rear springs front and rear ARBs and lowered camber, especially in the rear. Now I did my PB, a 1:11:672. Thanks Valter! :D

Attached Files:

13. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Thanks Reik, now I can download and sabotage your setup to my own liking again:rolleyes: Good to hear from a top driver that I wasn't totally wrong in my assumptions.

14. I am trying Valter and Reik latest artwork, thx guys :)

from now on i will send all my setups to Sweden... to Valters wind tunnel :):)...

15. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

I really enjoy this classic track. No artificial 85 kmph chicanes that ruins the flow, but every tiny mistake here consumes a lot of precious time.

16. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

based on reiks setup, this is what im using for qualifying, my race setup will be roughly the same but with fuel and hard tyres.

Attached Files:

• 1.svm
      File size:
      2.5 KB
      Views:
  17. i didnt make the race ... fpps race was is disaster with 12 ppls ! undrivable for all guys

18. Why was it undrivable Christian?

19. I can not participate in the race at Watkins.
    Have a business meeting on Wednesday evening
    But we have many waiting newcomer, so no problem

Good luck all

until next event - Bob Laube

20. Valerio Vinassa

Valerio Vinassa
    PrestoGP Veteran

leave me alone in the last position?:wink:

Good job mate:)