SEASON 12 Race 1 ISTANBUL INCIDENT REPORT

No incidents to report.

Mert ran into me in my second Q run but I wasn't improving.

During race I was a little afraid that I pushed Nicolai in T8 in the first lap, but apparently the pass was correct. I'll review the video when I have time, but I probably was too brutal there and maybe Nicolai feared a tap and went wide. He had the race line but I was on the inside, that's a typical dangerous situation...

No incidents to report.

Mert ran into me in my second Q run but I wasn't improving.

During race I was a little afraid that I pushed Nicolai in T8 in the first lap, but apparently the pass was correct. I'll review the video when I have time, but I probably was too brutal there and maybe Nicolai feared a tap and went wide. He had the race line but I was on the inside, that's a typical dangerous situation...

I think it is ok to take the inside there as long as one are able to leave room on the outside. I don't think I went off due to lack of space, but rather by being "to careful/nervous". And as I said in an earlier post, I deserved it as my pass on Anthony a few turns earlier was not satisfactory.

Bumped wheels with few drivers during the heat of the battles, nothing serious ,just some paint damage :). Nicolai at T1, Richard at T1, and Peter after T6 I guess.

sorry Nico, maybe I could help leaving a bit more room but I had 100 liters , my car was too heavy and that T1 scares me a lot , I feared if I took a wider turn there on the bumpy section I would be at risk loosing the rear for a spin so I was completely relying on you doing the turn without any problem.:geek:

I think it is ok to take the inside there as long as one are able to leave room on the outside. I don't think I went off due to lack of space, but rather by being "to careful/nervous". And as I said in an earlier post, I deserved it as my pass on Anthony a few turns earlier was not satisfactory.
Now that I looked the replay, there was enough room indeed. A good fight, but you were really faster than me in the end.

Here is my very late report (I had a movie maker that crashed after the video was half done). (video will soon appear).

Incident 1 (1:30 into the video in this post):
Braked too late when challenging Anthony on the inside in t1 and didn't manage to leave enough room for Anthony. There was light contact that resulted in 2 drivers passing Anthony. I should have waited and allowed Anthony to pass me. In the heat of the race I was very in doubt if I should wait or not, much due to the heavy traffic and the extra commotion it would create, but in hindsight it is clear I should have waited and I am happy incident 2 happened shortly after. Next time I will wait, I am sorry Anthony.

Incident 2:
I've looked at this many times and it seems clear I went wide due to the small contact we had. If the contact was Nicolas' or my fault is hard to tell, I would rather say it is very challenging going side by side into that series of turns. If you had been a few meters further ahead I probably would have lifted and allowed you past. I do however not say it was wrong, and regardless I have no complaint as I deserved it after incident 1.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea