1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Season 11 Race 02 - SUZUKA setup thread

Discussion in 'Presto GP' started by Alex Galyutin, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Here is a setup by Arno Hoog.
    I found it in my old Race07 folder.
    Arno did 1:42.6xx with it.
    My best time is currently 1:43.5xx

It is interesting, that there is more downforce on the front wing (18/16).

Feel free to use it. I think if it has appeared in my folder, it should be shared with others :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
  2. Ahh, Suzuka, Another hard track to finish a race in. It's so narrow and good laptime comes from going over the limits while keeping things smooth as hell.. Lap after lap, tires on white lines and then on that one lap it's race over.

• Like Like x 8
  3. Valter Ostman

Valter Ostman
    PrestoGP Veteran

Kennett you are a true optimist :)

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Here's the setup from my first serious try with the F3000 at this nice track. I simply took my latest Spa setup and did some fine tuning but no big changes. It feels smooth for me. I was surprised to achieve a 1:42:8xx within my first run, so it can't be that bad... ;)

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 10
  5. Im using davids spa setup with 15 11 wings, my best is a 1:42.650 so far but theres still quite a bit more to gain I think

• Like Like x 8
  6. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

and here's guus's sector times:
    s1
    int2
    lap

//Peter, the chief official time-keeper :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 2
  7. stop spying on me peter:laugh:

• Haha Haha x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  8. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

i managed 10 laps or so last night with bob, id totally forgotten how narrow and high speed this track is, its sure going to be fun :)

anyhoo, i started with seans last singapore setup, modified the gears and wing to 18/20 and managed 1.43.0 so far, will try get on tonight for a few more laps, nice times reik and guus :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

wow, you guys are such aliens, especially aliens in learning to cut time in such a low amount of laps!

I got 1.43.399 (s1 0:41.169; s2 0:38.228; s3 0:24.001) with reik-f3000-hfc.svm which was from spa I think (from beginning monza?); spl/wing 15/18, one tick longer 6th so all gears a bit longer (I try to set 1st gear to get best drive out of both chicanes - currently at 7.875 but needs to be longer) I'm not so sure it's a great idea for race tho with those gears huh? :)

a bit understeery but good for really attacking the sector 1, which I also think can come in handy for (still a bit risky) surprise-overtakes in the S-curves ;)

• Like Like x 4
  10. I used david's to get a feeling of the track, seems good, I did not have to fight with the car at any point of the track.

Of course, in ten laps I got to 1:47:5, nothing near the times commented here. But, on the other hand, in just ten laps I am within 5 sec of the top, which is much better than my usual.

• Like Like x 6
  11. heres my quickest so far, a 1:42.403 still some rough edges as you can see and also from the split time on xd you can see that its far from perfect. Using davids spa setup with some changes to wing and gears I think

• Like Like x 6
  12. Peter Decker

Peter Decker
    PrestoGP Veteran

Wonder how much accel-speed you got from disabling autoclutch - nice top speed.

Interesting to see the delta time, and scary to see since there is still potential to cut some serious time :)

Which wings were you running now?

• Like Like x 2
  13. that was 16 13 but I think I still prefer 15 11, seems just as quick and more stable and low downforce is always good

• Like Like x 2
  14. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

Ouch, this is extremly quick! Puts a lot of pressure on the rest of us. :confused: :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sean Greenlaw

Sean Greenlaw
    PrestoGP Veteran

Here's mine had some practise tonight 42.1 so far 19/17 wing :thumbsup: I also spelt Suzuka wrong on purpose lol, also had 42.4s with 18/16 to 22/20 so more what individual prefers I think also thinking of consistency.

Slight wide Degner 2 that and a couple slight mistakes cost me time though, I will correct when I go faster :) also looks like harder or raised rear maybe help bottoming out to.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Had a 1:43:2 with 24/26 wings, it was not a perfect lap. So wings can be very different here and lap times pretty much the same. Lot of confusion for me to come..... bleaaahhhhh :sick:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Careful with the chicane, boys.. Championships have been lost there ;)

• Like Like x 3
  18. David Turnbull

David Turnbull
    PrestoGP Veteran

managed a 1.42.3 last night when doing some practise with sean and a few others, can go alot faster if i could take the bloody last chicane properly, seem to be all over the road under braking for it, gonna try seans setup tonight see if can break into the 1.41's.

thanks for setups and info guys :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  19. I can't remember ever driving this course before. Wicked T1, slicker than snot curbs, narrow winding course, brutal last chicane. Sounds like the perfect course to try and get my first race of the year in.:roflmao:

Steve's right, a lot of different wing&spring settings can yield the same result. I could probably drive a Mini-cooper and get the same result.:cry:

• Haha Haha x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Reik Major

Reik Major
    Premium Member

I got stuck in low 1:42:8's with my setup. Now I "stole" Seans, modified it and immediately got a 1:42:466. Thank you mate for sharing!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5