Samsung 2020 - G7 & G9 1000R Monitors

Mr Latte

Premium
It seems a long way since CES 2020 in Jan when these were first announced and shown.
G7 as of writing appears to be available to order and G9 is to ship from mid-July.

I am currently building a cockpit to incorporate the 49" model, but have had mixed thoughts on going with this incredible looking 1000R display or the new CX OLED 48" TV.

In fairness, I have been swaying towards this 49" Super Ultrawide format with it suiting sim racing and good with multi-tasking and no borders or hassle with multi-screens.

I personally intend to wait however to later in the year as a few months after release we can usually see from previous versions they drop a couple of hundred quid @ £1100 to about £1000.

Last year's model was well-received by owners so it should be a superb display with the new improvements it brings. 1000R with apparently faster response and official Nvidia Gsync seems to be the more interesting factors.

Will be interesting to see upcoming reviews on these rather exciting looking displays. I wonder too if some would consider triple G7 monitors?

If interested feel free to discuss or share your own thoughts and user opinions if you buy.

G9 49"

Info:

Intro:

C49G95T
Product Detail:

G7 32" & 27"
Info:

Intro:

C32G75T
Product Detail 32"

C27G75T
Product Detail 27"

Additional Info:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

@EsxPaul, have you tried to set Low Latency to Off, it might slightly increase latency, but usually helps with framerate stability. I am pretty sure it does help with ACC.

Upvote 0
@EsxPaul, have you tried to set Low Latency to Off, it might slightly increase latency, but usually helps with framerate stability. I am pretty sure it does help with ACC.

I haven't touched that setting at all. In fact, I've hardly ever delved into the Nvidia control panel as I don't really know what I'm touching. I think the only setting I've altered is to set pre rendered frames to '1'

I'll give your suggestion a try though and thanks for mentioning it :)

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I haven't touched that setting at all. In fact, I've hardly ever delved into the Nvidia control panel as I don't really know what I'm touching. I think the only setting I've altered is to set pre rendered frames to '1'

I'll give your suggestion a try though and thanks for mentioning it :)
Prerendered frames are gone, now it's called Low Latency. What driver do you use, something from 80s? :D

Upvote 0
Prerendered frames are gone, now it's called Low Latency. What driver do you use, something from 80s? :D

I must be going senile :roflmao:

I'm sure I pretty recently changed that setting from down from 3 to 1 but it must have been an in game menu setting rather than NCP. I'll have to go and refresh my memory!

Upvote 0
Doh, I'm only slightly loosing my memory. I had set 'Virtual Reality pre-rendered frames' to 1 :D

@Andrew_WOT , do these settings look sensible enough?

NCP 01.jpg
NCP 02.jpg
NCP 03.jpg
NCP 04.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Power Management - Prefer maximum performance
Vsync - On, Off in ACC.
Also try to play with frame limiter in the game. Start with Unlimited and then try to drop it to your average framerate you get during play.
Are you on the latest GeForce drivers?

Upvote 0
Vsync - On, Off in ACC.
Also try to play with frame limiter in the game. Start with Unlimited and then try to drop it to your average framerate you get during play.
Are you on the latest GeForce drivers?

Thanks. I'm on what I think is the latest driver which I downloaded within the last week.

I'll give the suggestions a back to back comparison and see if it gives an improvement.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

BTW, any success with 240hz VRR on? I am fighting with stuttering in Days Gone myself on 38" LG monitor even at 120fps, so these things can be very title specific and require different remedy.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Days Gone fixed by switching Power Profile to High Performance which keeps all cores at their max, something to try with ACC to see if this helps there as well, SteamVR automatically forces High Performance option for a reason.

Upvote 0
Vsync - On, Off in ACC.

The above settings fixed the microstuttering in ACC for me alongside:
G9 @ 120Hz VRR on
ACC framrate limit @ 120

It's much more enjoyable now that it's not stuttering through each corner. Thanks so much Andrew :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

I would try with VRR off as well, in my case it was pretty bad at 120hz. Are you using 10bit or 8bit as depending on that you are getting DSC signal or not.

Upvote 0
I would try with VRR off as well, in my case it was pretty bad at 120hz. Are you using 10bit or 8bit as depending on that you are getting DSC signal or not.

I did try with VRR off and it seemed equally as smooth in game. The only problem is that I then see flickering with normal desktop windows, especially when interacting with SimHub.

To be honest, I've never looked into the 8bit/10bit colour stuff through pure ignorance and not understanding it. I wouldn't even know what I'm using or how to set it up :redface:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Once you set refresh rate to 240hz in OSD (as seems like this is needed for monitor to start advertising DSC support) you can set effective refresh rate to 240 or 120 hz (your choice) in NVCPL but you can also choose 10bit color depth instead of default 8bit.
1623527923586.png

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll give that a try and see if I can notice a difference.

Sorry for another noob question but is the above a set and forget setting or does it work on a game by game basis depending on if said game has support for 8bpc/10bpc?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Global, but clean driver install always resets it to Default which is 8bit.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

It is the latest 49" 240hz model released in 2020, SKU can be different based on region or HW revision.
But there are also rumors on a new model coming in 2021.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

@EsxPaul, was doing some additional testing today in challenging day/night transitioning with accelerated time progression. Low latency Off really helps with occasional hiccups and smooths things out even more. Try that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Has anyone got a link to the latest firmware please? I think mine is fully updated but I'm getting horrendous flickering with Gsync on a 1080ti and it's making me feel :sick: so hoping to see if this resolves it!

FIXED - I needed to set the VRR Control to ON (so the GPU sends the instructions) and fixed it on my PC. My eyes will be fine now!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes