• “Just being a mediocre driver has never been my ambition. That's not my style” ― Michael Schumacher
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

safety car speed

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Michael Tobin, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Michael Tobin

Michael Tobin

Ratings:
    +3
    is it possible to increase the speed of the safety car? was doing an f2 race in red bull ring when i got a full course yellow and was stuck behind a crawling safety car for 4 laps. can anyone help with this, thanks

2. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +384
    You can, but it's necessary to unpackage with MAS2, edit, & repackage with a different version number.

3. Michael Tobin

Michael Tobin

Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for the quick reply Emery, would you be able to give me a bit more detail as in what to unpackage and where to edit as i am not great at this kind of thing. thanks again!

4. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +384
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/a-packaging-overview-tutorial-video.28113/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRNi1LjESZGhOgPNBvIsXug/videos

As I recall, there are two possibilities for where to edit the safety car speed. First is in the track's GDB file and the second is in the car's RFM file. I think the RFM always overrides the GDB, but it might be that RFM overrides only if the GDB is faster.

Beware of unintended consequences since too high of a safety car speed can cause some cars to not keep up with it (usually the historic cars because of their lower cornering speed).

5. Michael Tobin

Michael Tobin

Ratings:
    +3
    nice one thanks for that Emery, ill give it a try

6. CeeCee

CeeCee

Ratings:
    +2
    You can try adjusting the default.rfm file
    We use the default.rfm file from the unpacked track (however most default.rfm files look the same to me).
    Unpack track, add this line

DefaultScoring
    {
    RacePitKPH = 100
    NormalPitKPH = 100
    FormationSpeedKPH = 200
    Practice1Day = Friday

and save it somewhere. You can use any speed you like, we use 200 km/h for F1
    When making a new Mod Package, click the Customize box and select your adjusted default.rfm file and you are good to go.
    I just use the same default.rfm file on every Mod Package (correct me if I am wrong, they all look the same).