Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo

i think everyone is migrating away from arcade physics, guess this lot didnt get the memo. I hope they are ready for the backlash
I made the mistake of buying the last two WRC games and wished I hadn`t.
I think it`ll still sell though; not everyone`e a hardcore rally sim driver, and I`m sure it`ll make enough money by targeting it`s core buyers, which will be console owners.
I also think many people will start drifting away from Dirt:Rally, due to the terrible FFB and the lack of variety in the locations.

I made the mistake of buying the last two WRC games and wished I hadn`t.
I think it`ll still sell though; not everyone`e a hardcore rally sim driver, and I`m sure it`ll make enough money by targeting it`s core buyers, which will be console owners.
I also think many people will start drifting away from Dirt:Rally, due to the terrible FFB and the lack of variety in the locations.
Why so? It's in early access beta and clearly been stated that locations, FFB, and much more content in terms of cars are going to be released?
The next major patch they're expecting to drop within a week or two is supposed to wildly improve FFB; and even then there are a lot of people who have made modifications to game files to make the FFB feel much better. A Germany location is expected to be put up relatively soon too.
Or is it the classic case of people buying into an early access, then whining when they realize that the game isn't actually finished in content; whereas actually the core mechanics of the game are wonderful.

At this stage it seems like dirt rally is more realistic, but who knows I also could be the camera angles/movement that doesn't give justice to the actual physics of SLRallyEvo...

A tip: hold your horses until first release

Looks kinda floating, not connected to the track, especially on tarmac. A bit lifeless in that point, doesnt look like a realistic handling at all.

Graphics are nice, though, but thats not the whole cake

A little correction here: they don't make them since 2001.
On the other hand, SBRC wasn't all that bad either...
A little correction for you, Milestone were making SBK until Generations and then they've made the last 3 motogp games plus the Ride back in March which was horrendous. Next!!

Milestone will find a way to screw it up, somehow. I bought the last 2 games, the first was a dud. The menu system never worked for me and I could never setup a car. The FFB was horrible.
The second one was, as a game a worse product, missing the vintage rally cars completely, and did not improve in other aspect. FFB was actually worse. The menu did work this time though.

As far as comparing it with Dirt Rally and especially complaining about DR lack of stages and FFB, it's a bit silly.

I am glad they released it because I am having a lot of fun with it. The FFB is remarkably better if one downloads one of the files available here to make it more responsive and they will be coming out with more stages. The next one, Germany, was actually released by mistake.

I don't think every game should be released on early access, especially since a lot of people clearly do not understand what it means. But in Dirt Rally case I think was a good move because we have gone without a decent rally game for so long that keeping it under wraps for another year would have been cruel :)

This game? I don't have any hope for it not because of what I just watched. It's an early version and the same caveats apply. But because Milestone has now a history of never fixing their games and making empty promises.

Heck, I asked them in both Italian and English if they were going to release a patch for their game and they said it would be out soon, "within a month". It came out 4 months later and it didn't work for the download version I purchased at their own website.

They are on my ****list since then.

Or is it the classic case of people buying into an early access, then whining when they realize that the game isn't actually finished in content; whereas actually the core mechanics of the game are wonderful.
It`s not so much a case of not understanding what they`re (meaning me I suppose) getting into with EA; I`ve bought quite a lot of games through EA and not had a problem with any of them. I do think, though, that with D:R, they`ve rushed it out to try and get as much cash as possible. I`m positive that this game will be one of the best, if not the best rally game ever made, straddling the line between unrealistically hard - well too hard for me anyway (RBR) - and, well, just plain unrealistic (WRC), however, I feel they should have waited a few more weeks, at least until a proper port from it`s original console roots was done.
I gave up using my wheel and started using a controller, which turned out to be much better. Surely that can`t be good for a PC game?
I still find it puzzling why they are adding more cars and game modes, rather than new locations.
Anyway, after all that, I don`t really care that much: it`s a computer game. It cost 20 coins. Certainly nothing to get worked up about. I`ll keep revisiting D:R now and again, but I`m quite happy to wait until it all works properly :geek:

A little correction for you, Milestone were making SBK until Generations and then they've made the last 3 motogp games plus the Ride back in March which was horrendous. Next!!
Sorry, but I fail to see your point here. Even if some of the SBK titles felt more or less ok-ish, none of them could compete with Superbike 2001 (which didn't even have the separate brakes option). The MotoGP games? I'd rather withhold my comments on that :)
Honestly, SBRC was also rubbish, but for some reason I kept playing it and having fun...

I do think, though, that with D:R, they`ve rushed it out to try and get as much cash as possible. I`m positive that this game will be one of the best, if not the best rally game ever made, straddling the line between unrealistically hard - well too hard for me anyway (RBR) - and, well, just plain unrealistic (WRC)
RBR? Too hard? I find Dirt Rally being much harder. Mostly because its physics and FFB need a lot of work, whereas RBR equipped with NGP feels completely natural to me. Also DR's RWD cars are almost impossible to drive, lest you are going to brake all the way up hairpins and "acutes" almost to a halt and only then coast around to the egress leg.

Sorry, but I fail to see your point here. Even if some of the SBK titles felt more or less ok-ish, none of them could compete with Superbike 2001 (which didn't even have the separate brakes option). The MotoGP games? I'd rather withhold my comments on that :)
Honestly, SBRC was also rubbish, but for some reason I kept playing it and having fun.
+

I thought you were saying Milestone hadn't made any bike games since 2001.

Looks nice.. but handling seem kinda basic. I do wish that it will be a kickass game.
Always nice with some competition. (Dirt Rally..)

So, I guess this is why they decided to talk about logo design and not gameplay in those dev diaries. :roflmao: It looks like it rotates/turns around the center point of the car and not riding on the tires.

To everyone saying its going to be great... ARE YOU ON DRUGS if so i would love to know which drug i should take to think that this game is good, infect all Milestone rally games sucked so bad its not even remotely funny.

THE graphics are the exact graphics from wrc 4, hell they even have the same co driver voices across all their releases (horrible voice)

AND to even compare it to Dirt Rally is something i cant understand'.

As i said before Milestone should be stopped and i feel sorry and yet surpried that leob is letting them ruin his name.

Better games to pick up instead, RSRBR 2015, Dirt Rally for hardcore sim racers and WRC evolved, Dirt 1, 2, 3 if you are a casual rally fan.

Edit:
I promise any rally fan out there play RBR, yes its hard but you will get used to you will feel amazing after wining a stage.

AND DONT BUY THIS GAME.

C'Mon guys ! It's Milestones !
They have never made a good game and certainly never anything remotely like a Sim.
Their current work wont be any different that's for sure.

Just look at the tracks !
They are all flat like a city street.

And the car physics are just a bad joke !
Just look at when they jump ! It's pure comedy.

Milestone are only in it for the money.
No passion Just profit. And above all no skill what so ever !

I am enjoying Dirt Rally and hope the upcoming FFB update will make it a true addictive Sim.

If not ! -I just go back to RBR even though the audio & graphics kinda suck.

The longevity of RBR proves that physics and FFB are key elements for a Sim success.

I really feel sorry for Sebastien Loeb lending his name for this crap ! (I hope he got well paid though :D)

From yesterday pre order of Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo is available with free DLC. You can choose between Suzuki Escudo or Peugeot 405 T16 PP for Pikes Peaks! Ready to race :)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.2%