Rubens Barrichello

Rubens Barrichello might have had a pretty miserable time over much of the Abu Dhabi weekend, as he suffered the worst grid position of his F1 career, but he had at least arrived in high spirits as a new 'champion'.

While Barrichello hasn't had much to smile about with his recent results in F1, as Williams endures the worst season in its history, the Brazilian has been getting his racing kicks with a bit of online racing.

Barrichello has been involved in a virtual touring car championship, and just ahead of the Abu Dhabi GP he crowned his season with the title.

"I won the championship!" he smiled. "I am mega now on that! I had to finish first and my main rival had to finish third, but he finished fourth - so it was just mega! It's getting better and better.

"And now in two weeks we are going to start the Brazilian stockcar championship."

Barrichello believes a touring car simulation is much more competitive, and ultimately better, than an F1 version - because of the way the cars handle.

"It's much more close to reality on the touring cars," he explained. "There are fewer g-forces and so on, while in F1 you don't feel the rear so much.

"And my prize money is getting higher and higher, so things are getting better - it's the way it should be in F1!"

Is he talking about GSC? Which league would that be?

Like his setup. :D

UinUX.jpg

aoyyt.jpg

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play