1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Rubens Barrichello To Race In Season Finale

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by Phil Rose, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Phil Rose

Phil Rose
    Premium Member

Just seen on Autosport that Rubens has signed up to race in the last round of the Brazilian Stock Car Championship. He also further confirmed his sim racing experience by saying "My experience with these cars is only virtual".

Exciting news and adds a further endorsement to the quality sim that Reiza has produced.

2. Rubens actually races on Leagues with GSC. Felipe Massa does too, as several other professional Stock Car drivers in Brazil.

The league they race is GTR Brasil (http://www.gtrbrasil.com/), and currently Rubens is racing Mini's!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

4. Phil Rose

Phil Rose
    Premium Member

I know I saw your article just after posting this! However it is still relevant with the connection to Game Stock Car 2012.

5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Absolutely :) Its fantastic for GSC to have such a big name participating in online sim racing.

Wish more real drivers would follow his example.

Actually I hope he will stick with the V8's next year as well instead of Indy. Would be a blast for the Stock Car series to have him participating all season.

6. His friend and teammate Tony Kanaan will join Stock Car Brasil for the last 2 events aswell :D

7. Barrichello first impressions about the V8 car (forgive my poor translation):

"It's all different. The Stock Car visibility is near-zero, and I can't see the wheels at all. I almost asked the crew to open the car doors, but I'm getting used to that."

It seems the game is very realistic about this point. :p

Rubens first race will be next weekend.

http://www.totalrace.com.br/site/st...em-primeiro-contato-com-um-carro-da-stock-car

8. Has anyone made skins of Rubens and Tony to this stage ?