giphy.gif

Interesting to see that front wheel well - is it just due to turning into the right hand corner or where different suspension geometries at work with these cars?

I loved to see the downshift clutching here - any chance these details may be reproduced in the mod (say factory driving model will need to be clutched when downshifting with occasional mis-shift and even gear box damage with continuous downshifting without clutch + "alternative" driving model allowing for paddle shift without clutch entirely).

Curious how you think to go about.
I believe Kunos has "semi-solved" this conundrum by simply timing the downshifts in the Maserati MC12 GT1 much longer than the upshifts and NOT enforcing the use of the clutch :-(
(probably not realistic but a best compromise).

Interesting to see that front wheel well - is it just due to turning into the right hand corner or where different suspension geometries at work with these cars?

I loved to see the downshift clutching here - any chance these details may be reproduced in the mod (say factory driving model will need to be clutched when downshifting with occasional mis-shift and even gear box damage with continuous downshifting without clutch + "alternative" driving model allowing for paddle shift without clutch entirely).

I believe Kunos has "semi-solved" this conundrum by simply timing the downshifts in the Maserati MC12 GT1 much longer than the upshifts and NOT enforcing the use of the clutch :-(
To be honest man , was thinking the same thing a few days ago when I posted it ,
kinda embarrassing , looking a little closer , if you look at the side of the arch under the Marek logo where the black and silver graphics are it appears to me now , but the car has had some kind of frontal impact and that its raised the front clip by several inches or so and bowed all the arch , all these things are quick release so on brackets I believe there is at least 4-6 brackets on the clips , the bottom two near the front splitter must have been pushed inwards quite a bit but the rest stayed in place so it raised and bowed the entire arch ,
this is how its appearing to me by looking now anyways lol

EDIT //
Now inspecting it even closer , I still believe the front brackets have been pushed inwards to bow the arch and raise the bonnet and twist it ,

but if you look here more closely , must be how these cars are ,
see the line on the side of the arch the gap is a constant gap , so there must be a few inches between the arch and the bottom splitter where the tailpipes are , and you can see the pins where the quick release system goes , I have looked at quite a few and its appearing that this team use a different system for the quick release ill look at some more and investigate it further ,
I still believe but that particular screen I posted is not correct shape .
cac6c3eefad3f2ffbada3c54da9b67ab.jpg

64351f282f5af706f90b757bd48fd2ee.jpg

9214630541a1d437526114da864a1dbf.jpg

1bc9c1d8bb54a44beea19ea3460f0452.jpg

Last edited:
This one is appearing to be the same too ,
a really visible gap at the bottom and you can see the pins .
68105a85e3735369c83881f1afbca09f.jpg

This one is visible too , I believe now its a standard part , will be a nice detail to add the gap and pins on the side .
maxresdefault.jpg

Yes, this is another great example that race cars really are not cast in a mold, one being almost identical to other but that even the single same chassis differs drastically from events to event with damages, changed front clips, impacts, modifications altering the shape by a lot.

I don't envy you guys both doing the 3D modeling and the liveries AND dealing with us who point out "discrepancies" which in fact really are not ;-)
It is quite a struggle isn't it ;-)

If you guys bring these cars into Assetto Corsa and they come just half with the quality of earlier mod car releases you have been doing I am a very, very happy kid ;-)

I have been missing my GTR and GTR2 racing a lot over the last years and you know what - I might just as well break out my GTR2 DVD and install it again to breathe good old GT racing until the first cars from the pack hit the download section

Yes, this is another great example that race cars really are not cast in a mold, one being almost identical to other but that even the single same chassis differs drastically from events to event with damages, changed front clips, impacts, modifications altering the shape by a lot.

I don't envy you guys both doing the 3D modeling and the liveries AND dealing with us who point out "discrepancies" which in fact really are not ;-)
It is quite a struggle isn't it ;-)

If you guys bring these cars into Assetto Corsa and they come just half with the quality of earlier mod car releases you have been doing I am a very, very happy kid ;-)

I have been missing my GTR and GTR2 racing a lot over the last years and you know what - I might just as well break out my GTR2 DVD and install it again to breathe good old GT racing until the first cars from the pack hit the download section
On these 6 cars there will be 100,s of small details , but what I am personally finding is videos are really bad , specially from 2004 , so for any decent reference you need later videos from shows or events or track days to get a good idea on all visuals and details , some cars have really nice photo reference specially the ferrari cars , I have found a lot of high res pics , the lister storm is practically lost from history I am sure someone has insane amounts of high quality pics , but on online there is a handful and seem to be from good old goodwood events , which is a good thing , but like I say these cars are not in reality that old but the details and a eye for the details is still a must , we are really happy with the progress so far these cars are turning out really nice and a big thanks to all involved :)

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the Lister Storm being a bit difficult to find and the generally bad video quality from the time (it was a time still before amateur digital cameras were widely spread and most material was created analogue and shared and shared and shared over and over again, some even recordings from old TV video standards (really low resolution by todays standards).

For memories sake a little clip - still remember that ear worm playing in the background of scrutiny?

Oh la la la, la la la, oh la la la … ;-)

Let me bring you all back to the exact time when GT1 cars were all the rage:

• Deleted member 241736

Doing plenty of smaller bits, nothing exciting, tidying up a lot of the mesh.
Also just made some quick textures to go along with the blurred rims - I'm sure CC will have them in the bin and make much nicer ones ;)

WDiUkZdh.jpg

4hHHLw2h.jpg
that's the one I (we?) missing in the upcomming DLC. Since the poll was made month ago, the holy aura of AC gone - therefor we'lll get two of such f***** F1 vehicles for hot lapping. Good 2c your work, donation will be done !

that's the one I (we?) missing in the upcomming DLC. Since the poll was made month ago, the holy aura of AC gone - therefor we'lll get two of such f***** F1 vehicles for hot lapping. Good 2c your work, donation will be done !
Well actually the 550 GTS was never in the Ferrari poll at all, given that is was designed by Prodrive. That being said, both the 575 GTC and 550 Maranello were featured in the poll, and I'm sure we'll get them in one form or another :)

just thinking, but maybe by keeping VALID_SHIFT_RPM_WINDOW and CONTROLS_WINDOW_GAIN small you could force clutch usage?

Code:
[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=100        ; change up time in milliseconds
CHANGE_DN_TIME=150        ; change down time in milliseconds
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=110        ; Auto cutoff time for upshifts in milliseconds, 0 to disable
SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=0        ; 1=Car supports shifter, 0=car supports only paddles
VALID_SHIFT_RPM_WINDOW=800            ;range window additional to the precise rev matching rpm that permits gear engage.
CONTROLS_WINDOW_GAIN=0.5            ;multiplayer for gas,brake,clutch pedals that permits gear engage on different rev matching rpm. the lower the more difficult.
INERTIA=0.016                    ; gearbox inertia. default values to 0.02 if not set

Reactions: CC
Yeah maybe for brake balance , awesome find man , I dont know what Eboos found as reference but his interior looks awesome :)
reaserch:) some steps:
-search chassis name
-search teams (team site, team owners)
-search drivers (profiles on fb insta etc)
-search events (yt ,event site)
If you ask google "lister storm hd interior photo" You will not find anything

Reactions: CC
reaserch:) some steps:
-search chassis name
-search teams (team site, team owners)
-search drivers (profiles on fb insta etc)
-search events (yt ,event site)
If you ask google "lister storm hd interior photo" You will not find anything
Yes, it is like someone went through the internet and deleted all but one Lister Storm cockpit shot :-(

This is the very only one I could find (see the post above earlier):
xl_6749-photographie-3593.jpg

It is fairly high resolution (probably not high enough to produce textures from it but to see some details).

Same problem with the Viper, really hard to find good pics from that era (2003-2004) I guess it was way more popular back in '96 through the early 2000's since there are a lot of pics from back then. It was only one year before they've changed to the ZB1 (mid 2004 I believe).

Same problem with the Viper, really hard to find good pics from that era (2003-2004) I guess it was way more popular back in '96 through the early 2000's since there are a lot of pics from back then. It was only one year before they've changed to the ZB1 (mid 2004 I believe).
Easier to find pictures of a 1930,s toaster than it is to find for that lister :roflmao:

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 82 90.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 15 16.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 25 27.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 29 31.9%