Rseat Haptic Frame HFL4

I've looked online and I can't find any reviews of this product. It uses the Gen 5 D-Box actuators except they are mounted sideways so it makes it a nice form factor and it's basically plug and play. It's also priced the same as the Gen-5 system itself which is also not that bad.

I have an Obutto Rig so I would assume I would be able to use this instead of having to buy an 80/20 rig then put on the D-Box actuators.

Do you see any drawbacks? I'm wondering that since the actuators aren't mounted to the rig itself the tactile feedback may be muted a bit so you may be wasting some of the performance.

Biggest disadvantage I see (without knowledge about motion rigs) is the added weight.
Wherever you look less weight equals better performance.

Also the connection to the rig with four angled metal straps looks rather flimsy.

If you go for tactile feedback, e.g. engine vibrations or curb rumble there will be transmission losses.

I´d prefer the actuators bolted firmly to the rig.

My D-Box actuators lift my rig/dd/pedals/shifter/fat driver absolutely no problem. I don't think it will be much issue. As long as you can secure the rig to the base, I think it'll be fine. My setup is sooo heavy I can't lift it at one end,

Be aware with a lighter rig, then there's a quite a bit of change of creaking/moving in the frame, which might not be apparent when it's sat stationary.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.