RRE and windows 10 preview.

Steve Bird

Come On Williams!
I've tried my best to get RRE working on Windows 10 preview but it keeps crashing on startup.

Has any of the RD community managed to get it running okay on Win 10?

I'm running an older build (10074) and it works fine. Build 10130 gave me resolution issues (couldn't select 1080p) but that may have been a Nvidia Win10 driver problem. A new driver came out recently so maybe that's fixed it.

At this point my system runs well with 10074 so I'm just going to wait for the full release now.

Runs perfectly on my Windows 10 machine, with all updates. Things to check when you play on Windows 10:

• If you run AMD, don't download drivers from their website but get them via Windows updates.
  • If you run Nvidia, get your newest drivers from their website.
  • Be sure to be on a clean install, not an upgraded one.
If you still have crashes, post your crash logs or explain better what is happening :).

Frank, just because it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't mean it isn't happening. I won't get into a drawn out debate. Fresh install didn't work. Period. However, I'm really glad it all worked for you.
It could be a plethora of things involved. Mine went south "right" after windows updated. Latest NVidia driver didn't make a difference, then. :thumbsup: Windows 10 Preview has it's niggles anyway. I was just curious, so I tried it. Back on 8.1. Happy.

Swagg

I'm running an older build (10074) and it works fine. Build 10130 gave me resolution issues (couldn't select 1080p) but that may have been a Nvidia Win10 driver problem. A new driver came out recently so maybe that's fixed it.

At this point my system runs well with 10074 so I'm just going to wait for the full release now.
That's the problem I had. I was wanting to revert to 8.1 anyway.

Frank, just because it doesn't happen to you, it doesn't mean it isn't happening. I won't get into a drawn out debate. Fresh install didn't work. Period. However, I'm really glad it all worked for you.
It could be a plethora of things involved. Mine went south "right" after windows updated. Latest NVidia driver didn't make a difference, then. :thumbsup: Windows 10 Preview has it's niggles anyway. I was just curious, so I tried it. Back on 8.1. Happy.

Swagg
I think I clicked disagree on your post without noticing.

Anyway, I tried it at 4 PC's now, all running Windows 10, with both Nvidia and AMD. With 1 of the AMD's and 1 of the Nvidia's I had to run it in windowed mode and I used the app Borderless Gaming to get it full screen again. If I didn't do that, it crashed on startup.

Also, when you upgrade from build to build, you need to remove all drivers of your GPU, including all software. Then reboot and reinstall it, otherwise you get issues.

This fix/workaround is from Alex/FunkyChickenSector3 Beta Tester

Change the "graphics_options.xml" manually. It can be found under /documents/my games/simbin/Raceroom/userdata. Open it with the text editor.

Change to your desired resolution and edit the line for the refresh rate from 60 to 59:
<custom type="uint32">3840</custom> <- x-resolution
<custom type="uint32">2160</custom> <- y-resolution
<custom type="int32">32</custom> <- color bit depth
<custom type="int32">59</custom> <- refresh rate
<custom type="bool">true</custom> <- fullscreen

Its Works perfect now!

This fix/workaround is from Alex/FunkyChickenSector3 Beta Tester

Change the "graphics_options.xml" manually. It can be found under /documents/my games/simbin/Raceroom/userdata. Open it with the text editor.

Change to your desired resolution and edit the line for the refresh rate from 60 to 59:
<custom type="uint32">3840</custom> <- x-resolution
<custom type="uint32">2160</custom> <- y-resolution
<custom type="int32">32</custom> <- color bit depth
<custom type="int32">59</custom> <- refresh rate
<custom type="bool">true</custom> <- fullscreen

Its Works perfect now!

Worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.

Updated to W10 earlier today, I go to play RR and all seems ok, I go from menu's to a race weekend and still all is well, I get into a race weekend then I get put back to desktop and I get an error that my nvidia drivers have crashed and recovered but worst of all, while on desktop, as I click the RR logo at the bottom to get back to my game but it is not loading back up atall from deksop and the only thing I can do is manually shut the game down through task manager. Tried re-installing nvidia but still no luck, still the same problem and RR is not the only game which is not working at the moment.

Updated to W10 earlier today, I go to play RR and all seems ok, I go from menu's to a race weekend and still all is well, I get into a race weekend then I get put back to desktop and I get an error that my nvidia drivers have crashed and recovered but worst of all, while on desktop, as I click the RR logo at the bottom to get back to my game but it is not loading back up atall from deksop and the only thing I can do is manually shut the game down through task manager. Tried re-installing nvidia but still no luck, still the same problem and RR is not the only game which is not working at the moment.
Go to the Steam Folder in program files,Delete "appcache",the whole folder,restart windows,that did the trick for me,hope it helps.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.