1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[ROUND 7 TROIS RIVIERES] TBR vs SOR

Discussion in 'Simracing Team Challenge' started by Xosé Estrada, Nov 15, 2011.

Penalty for SOR car?

Poll closed Nov 19, 2011.
  1. No penalty

14.3%
  2. -2 points

57.1%
  3. -4 points

14.3%
  4. -6 points

14.3%
  5. -8 points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. -10 points and no Q in next race

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. -12 points and DQ for next race

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Disadvantaged car: Gregory Degreef
    Team: TBR

Reported car: Pedro Louro
    Reported Team: SOR

Description:

There are two situations where the Sonic driver ignored the blue flag over more then one lap.

1. situation: Greg followed one full lap without a reaction from the Sonic driver till Greg pitted.

2. situation: Greg closed aagin to the same Sonic driver and again he got blocked over more then 2 laps after sure several blue flags. The best, after Greg got passed from a Corse driver he suddently made room for him but don´t let Greg pass again, which looks almost like a personal thing. Only with a hard move Greg finally got throught.

It´s a twisty course and a good place should find for making room, but not over more then one lap after getting a blue flag.
    It´s annoying for the blogged driver, loosing time and also the own rythm in worst case.

2. In my personal opinion I would have given this a no penalty for situation one because Gregory was never close to the Sonic driver. (if you don't belive me then go to 1:10 and look to your right, the steward is not waving a blue flag)
    On situation two Gregory was only closing in on T2 and T3 but was losing a great gap on the straight which would make it inrelavent for the sonic driver to let him through. (it could have ended like the two COR's drivers at Hockenhiem.)

But when the COR's driver closes in after T3 the Sonic driver let him through because they had a resonable gap for the Sonic driver to let him through but Gregory made a dive bomb which I found unesesary. The rules say "before you make a move to pass a lapped car,first make sure its safe" and this wasn't safe at all.

Anyhow, WBR found the Sonic driver a bit ignorent as theoreticly it was possable to let Gregory through after T2. So -6 from WBR.

3. This we see not so hard. Even if our guys told me they also had problems with passing Pedro. Gregory should be closer to Pedro. But Pedro should have let Gregory pass by at least one of the occasions. -2

4. To say that Pedro was Blocking is a big statement... But a false one.
    Pedro was clearly faster on the straights. Gregory only got close enough while braking, and existing the corners Pedro was CLEARLY faster. It's hard to let a car pass in these conditions. However, it was possible, so ABRacing votes -2

5. -2 only just worth a penalty...its close to nothing but as Robin says at least on one occasion he could have let Greg past

6. no penalty from BFR, probably a rather frustrating experience, but we do not see him significantly faster in these excerpts, sorry.

7. Reggie Blain

Reggie Blain
    Premium Member

-2 from Torrent

8. Due i see in both situation a disadvantage for Greg, specially in second - so i´m for - 4p.

9. -2 from FDR and FDD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.