1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

[ROUND 7 DAYTONA] RPM vs FOR

Discussion in 'Simracing Team Challenge' started by Xosé Estrada, Nov 21, 2010.

Penalty for FOR car?

Poll closed Nov 24, 2010.
  1. No penalty

75.0%
  2. -2 points

25.0%
  3. -4 points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. -6 points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. -8 points

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. -10 points and no Q in next race

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. -12 points and DQ in next race

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Disadvantaged car: Jesper Taulborg
    Team: RPM

Reported car: Mike Simian
    Reported Team: FOR

Description:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=PVCTO6NL

Was not a major incident, but still one that effected the winning overtake the race.
    Jesper in P1 ran wide and Mike came up the inside, and shoved Jesper off the track, giving him no chance of passing him back up the inside. Mike had better tyres and may of won the race without this incident, but it was still a dirty move and was one that didn't need to be taken. Even if it's the closing laps, you still can't shove somebody off the track.

2. When i saw it Live it looked indeed a bit dirty also. There are cleaner ways to overtake but this doesnt deserve a penalty for me.

3. I am not able to view the video, the link above send me to an advertising page!

4. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

RPM votes -2, our reasons why are in the report.

5. I find this report is stretching it slightly to say the least.
    If this is not racing then I must have been watching another sport all my life.
    I was not aware I had to give a driver a chance to reovertake me? I have the inside, I'm side by side and I have the line.
    Its well within normal racing. (Theres barely any contact at all, there could have been none what so ever and then you couldn't have made this report and the outcome of the pass would have been the same, its millimeters in the heat of battle) Also.... Shoved? really!?! and Dirty? well thats for everyone to decide now I suppose, but thats not how I saw it.
    Looking back at how you (Ross) have voted "no penalty" to incidents in the past all I can say is I'm shocked.
    Has it really come to the point we make incident reports because our car has been overtaken.

6. cant se it why not use youtube that works...

7. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

PM Mate - I'll talk you through it there.

8. Works oke here. ;)
    Just click on play wait before the icon becomes green and hit play again. :)

9. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

Wasn't me that uploaded it mate.

10. Well this one is easy as there is no incident.
    Both where fighting for the same piece of tarmac, called Racing.
    Watch a F1 race and you will see plenty, and those are openwheelers.

First report i see of this sort.
    tbh, If we all start making reports like this then Xosé and David will have a to get help to handle them :).

11. There is no incident to speak of here. Jesper was on the inside but was behind in to the corner.

Come on guys, report incidents not just because you are pissed by an overtake.

12. thanks workt

gubbklubben vote no penelty for its a hit but if this is penelty is many more then one. but its not okey to push out like that but this time no penelty

13. Dinca Andrei

Dinca Andrei
    Premium Member

No accident but i think more adrenaline there to give u wings biger than RedBull...if that car would of lost control and hit the wall on the left then we would of had another kinde of discussion.The overatke wasnt to clean,incident but no accident therefor minimum penalty -2 points.

14. youtube please

15. A present for you simon

16. Thanks Michael :)

About the incident... for me its hard to judge as there is slight lag on the replay but in the real world it would be a racing incident so thats what i will go for here.

17. Project D voted -2 points. Too aggressive pass, lucky there was no obstacle in the grass part.

18. COR voted No penalty
    but pay more attention next time in overtaking

19. BFR voted no penalty, from our perspective this is very tight racing but no incident since Mike sticks to the line which Jesper conceded a little earlier

20. FDR team voted 0 points, racing incident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.