rFDynHUD widget creation problem - bug in code?

Hello everyone,

Recently I have been creating a race timing tower for rFDynHUD that shows the positions and gaps of the drivers in the race. I started from Prunn's F1 2011 widget, with some help from Marvin's Ecclestone TV 2010 widget, and slowly worked my way up until the looks and functionality were what I wanted them to be.

However, I have a problem. When I try to generate text for cars that are lapped (it should say "+1 LAP", "+2 LAPS", etc. depending on how many laps the car is down), I can't get the right number of laps from the VehicleScoringInfo.getLapsBehindLeader method. I looked into Marvin's original rFDynHUD code, and there seems to be a bug with this method. Instead of what it should do, it works the same way as the getLapsBehindNextInFront method, which returns the number of laps this car is down on the next car in front. But that's not what I want, I want the number of laps behind the LEADER!

I already tried to copypaste the code from Marvin's class into a new class and adding that to my widget set JAR, but that didn't work. I'm not very good at programming and specifically don't know a lot about programming in Java. Basically I've already given up on getting it to work properly, but just out of curiosity I was wondering if perhaps there's someone on this forum who is experienced with rFDynHUD widget creation and who could help me...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.