RFactor & VR. Possible?

Thinking about moving from my current 3x 1440, 27", 3D monitor setup to a VR headset, however, I'll only move over if I can continue playing my racing games in 3D / stereo vision. Is it possible to use RF1 with VR? It doesn't have to work perfect. The most important thing being 3D / stereo vision.

I saw there's a mod which allows GTR2 to run with a VR headset. There's also a mod which allows AMS1 to be run in VR. The GTR2 one is from the same person / people behind Crew Chief (not sure about the AMS1 VR mod). Does that mean all the non-RF2 ISI GMotor-based games can be run in VR?

I'm mostly concerned with GT Legends and Race 07 / Race Injection. F1 Challenge 99-02 and GTR1 would be a bonus too but GTL & R07 are the most important.

I'll be getting a Pimax if I make the move...

Last edited:
Better late than never - from what I can gather nearly everything ever released for Race 07 and GTL and even rfactor 1 itself to a lesser extent, can be raced in or on using GTR2 in Virtual Reality. The Crew Chief VR plugin for GTR2 VR is not just good, but very very good.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.