rfactor qualifying split classes

How do I set up rFactor 2 qualifying split into two parts: each for the LMP and another for the GTE as in the FIA WEC and in the Virtual Le Mans Series?

Last edited:
You can do two qualifying sessions, but I don't think you can separate the classes.
So how was it done in the Le Mans Virtual Series? There the LMP and GTE cars had 20 minutes of separate qualifying sessions..... Maybe there was some plugin that I don't know about?

Last edited:
That is online via a CUSTOM version of rF2. If you were hosting an online event, you could set up two Qualifying sessions and then only permit the top classes in one group and the lower classes in the 2nd session. But this would have to clearly transmitted to the teams which session they would be qualifying in. I don't think there is anything in the commercial version of rF2 that would separate the classes automatically.

So how was it done in the Le Mans Virtual Series? There the LMP and GTE cars had 20 minutes of separate qualifying sessions..... Maybe there was some plugin that I don't know about?

Did they? Or did they have a 40-45 min session, and doing it manually? That's how we used to do it in RDLMS and Virtual Le Mans Series when we ran 6-7 seasons of that in rF1 and rF2.

You could also do a 20 min qual session, let one car-class participate. Save the new generated grid-file. Restart qual and let the other class do it, then take that grid file and add to the back of the first. Then load in the correct grid in warmup.

If it is true you can run multi sessions then have to be possible ?
You can run online "offline" from 1 PC with rF2.
So if I had my own server I could set up multi qualifying sessions.
I could then make the server private and treat it as a offline session right ? ;)
But to pay for a server just to do this would be a bit fair fetched even for me.

Last edited:
We had 2 servers running at the same time.
GTE drivers had join their server by latest 20:00 CEST/CET and qualifying was from 20:10 - 20:30.
LMP drivers had to join other server by latest 20:30 and that qualifying was from 20:40 - 21:00.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.