rFactor on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've moved your question to a seperate thread to stay on topic.

I have not yet tried win7, but in Vista you can set a game shortcut/exe to compatibility mode; XP SP2. Check if the option is available.
Also, have you installed DirectX 9? In Vista DirectX 9 is not available by default. You have to download it separately from Microsoft.

It would also help if you post the error and/or some screenshots of the error you get.

Will DX9 actually install on vista? Some games ask for it to install on setup but nothing is changed afterwards. I also never had to install dx9 to run rFactor on Vista.

Abdul have you had any luck installing it on W7? If not what goes wrong?

i have used Windows 7 quiet extensively on one of my test PC's Rfactor works fine but i however found a few other issues that made uninstall it.about 3 times iv tried and been happy for a while until something creeps in.I infact have tried differant Windows 7 and do remember one of them not wanting to start rfactor.

Ok guys am haing huge issues with running the game

Gotta be honest and admit I ahvent played it for ages while playing Race 07 and its mods

I spent all day today downloading the touring car legends

I am running 32 bit vista and ahve played the game before

But now, I can enter a track, sit and watch but when I g on track teh lap takes about 30 secs then the entire program closes down

I presume they are sitll running 1.255? Could it be that?

I dont use any AV at all and only Windws Firewall

Am very careful

I should say it only happens in online games on a server

I ahve just been hotlapping the same track I was having issues with Midd Ohio and it was fine

So might be an online thing? As I say I could enter server but as soon as I ran the thing just dumped entire game

Drivers are up to date aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Thursday

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 30 42.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 34 48.6%