rFactor MAS utility

I'm having some trouble with the MAS utility... I pack the dds files and the gmt files into separate mas files, called BuckmorePark.mas and BuckmorePark_Maps.mas (I assume this is right as this is the filename other tracks use). I then delete all of the gmt and dds files from the folder, so I'm left with the gdb, aiw, scn, cam and tdf files, as well as the loading screens. The folder then looks like all of the other tracks I have installed. But when I try and load the track, the loading screen just hangs and does nothing until I press space or enter then it just crashes to desktop. There are no instructions at all so I'm just assuming I'm doing everything right, but obviously something's gone wrong along the way. Can someone help me?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I figure I made the track in BTB and the people here are friendly so... :D

I could open a new topic, but i think my question suits this topic too.

When i want to convert all the gmt files into a mas file, is it possible to make more than 1 file?

like:
from "NightLight01Glow.gmt" till NightLight20Glow.gmt to NightLight01Glow.mas,
from "obj_0.gmt" till obj_3000.gmt to obj_1.mas
from "obj_3001.gmt" till obj_6000.gmt to obj_2.mas
from "obj_6001.gmt" till obj_9000.gmt to obj_3.mas
and so on...
Is this possible?

Hi
I have just started creating a MAS file of my gmt's. But at the end of the compiling process to a MAS File, the gMotor 2.0 Programm ends with a message like this: "Pi contains an invalid path" ?

What does that mean?

When i want to convert all the gmt files into a mas file, is it possible to make more than 1 file?

Is this possible?
Absolutely possible - I believe you can have as many or as few MAS files as you like as long as you point the SCN to the correct files

7zip compresses dds files better than MAS but MAS is better at compressing gmt objects. Plus using a MAS file is so much neater of course.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.