rFactor 2 with SLI and triple screens - tips for good performance?

Thanks for that.

Those SLI compatibility bits are not the same as the nvidia inspector default rFactor2 profile - am I right? Visible in this post: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-build-1052-released.117224/page-2#post-2181823
No it is : 0x02D04005 (LEGO Batman 2, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game, LEGO Lord of the Rings, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, LEGO Star Wars Saga, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7)

No it is : 0x02D04005 (LEGO Batman 2, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game, LEGO Lord of the Rings, LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4, LEGO Star Wars Saga, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7)
Thanks for your help.
I've downloaded the rF2 demo from Steam. I've tried the sli compatibility bits you suggest but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I'm getting 40 to 50 fps whatever sli bits I use.
However, I'm thinking that I've maybe not selected the right profile in Nvidia Inspector (is it even possible with the demo?). Would you know which profile to select in Nvidia Inspector for the demo? I think it must be "rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe)"

Yes it is rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe). For the some reason you are getting only 50% GPU loads with GeForce Game Ready Driver Version: 364.51 - WHQL in rFactor2. I used few hours to find out why this is happening.
Here is the fix.

Open Nvidia inspector rFactor2 profile.

Compatibility:
SLI comparability bits: 0x02402004

Sync and refresh:
Maximum pre rendered frames: 1

Common:
Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance

SLI:
Number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode: SLI_GPU_COUNT_TWO
Nvidia predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode: SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT TWO

UserData > player folder and open player.JASON file and edit:
"Max Framerate":60,
"Max Framerate#":"0 to disable (note: positive numbers only, we always use the 'alternate' method now)",
"Texture Sharpening":0,
"Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",

rFactor2 video settings:
Mode > Fullscreen
Anti Aliasing > 3-6
HDR> on

Inn Game > Options > Display:
Circuit Detail > High
Player Detail > Full
Opponent Detail > High
Texture Detail > High
Texture Filter > X8
Special Effects > Full/High
Shadows > Low (This is FPS killer #1 in rF2 with SLI)
Shadow Blur > Off
Soft particles > Off
Rain Drops > Yes
Road Reflection > (Off gives better fps)
Environment Reflection > (Off gives better fps)

Give feedback if this is working or not working for you.

Last edited:
Yes it is rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe). For the some reason you are getting only 50% GPU loads with GeForce Game Ready Driver Version: 364.51 - WHQL in rFactor2. I used few hours to find out why this is happening.
Here is the fix.

Compatibility:
SLI comparability bits: 0x02402004

Sync and refresh:

Common:

SLI:
Nvidia predefined number of GPUs to use on SLI rendering mode: SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT TWO

UserData > player folder and open player.JASON file and edit:
"Max Framerate":60,
"Max Framerate#":"0 to disable (note: positive numbers only, we always use the 'alternate' method now)",
"Texture Sharpening":0,
"Texture Sharpening#":"Sharpen textures using MIP LOD bias - 0=Off, 1=+2.0(very blurry), 2=+1.0(blurry), 3=-1.0(sharp), 4=-2.0(very sharp), 5=0.0(auto)",

rFactor2 video settings:
Mode > Fullscreen
Anti Aliasing > 3-6
HDR> on

Inn Game > Options > Display:
Circuit Detail > High
Player Detail > Full
Opponent Detail > High
Texture Detail > High
Texture Filter > X8
Special Effects > Full/High
Shadows > Low (This is FPS killer #1 in rF2 with SLI)
Shadow Blur > Off
Soft particles > Off
Rain Drops > Yes
Road Reflection > (Off gives better fps)
Environment Reflection > (Off gives better fps)

Give feedback if this is working or not working for you.
Thanks a lot for your instructions. They're very helpful and have improved my framerate significantly.

As I said, I've just tried the demo on Steam so far. I'm very impressed by the physics and handling (it's the Corvette C6r, I think) which is excellent. But the track in the demo is Silverstone - And, holy mackerel, it looks bad! Is Silverstone representative of the quality of rFactor2 tracks or is it especially bad looking by comparison to others?

I'm not expecting rFactor2 to be up at Assetto Corsa graphics standards, but I was expecting it to match (perhaps exceed) GSC.

NO .. it doesn't work .. SLI doesn't work with rFactor2.
Ari I guarantee if you remove you second card from your system (not just disable SLI..remove it) you will double your FPS depending on your card.
I am using a 660 GTX and when I plug in the second card my FPS go to almost nothing ...slide show.
And its not that SLI isn't working .. I double my score in 3D Mark when its it.
It is the game .. no different with Assetto Corsa.
Until rFactor devs submit the final .exe to NVidia for SLI optimization it will never work.
And because there are constantly new builds of the .exe it won't get submitted.

I'm not expecting rFactor2 to be up at Assetto Corsa graphics standards, but I was expecting it to match (perhaps exceed) GSC.

Silverstone is one of the more recently made rF2 tracks, it's one of the better ones you'll find. The trackside art is actually better than AC Silverstone (see below comparison). Perhaps something with your graphic settings.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Ari, what is the situation with SLI? Do they Lego bits still have great scaling like they used to? I have been out of the loop for the past few months so I need to catch up. I got SLI 980 Ti and am not sure what to do...Lego bits or any other special bits?

Ari, what is the situation with SLI? Do they Lego bits still have great scaling like they used to? I have been out of the loop for the past few months so I need to catch up. I got SLI 980 Ti and am not sure what to do...Lego bits or any other special bits?

There is no need to use Lego bits any more. Latest Nvidia driver 364.72 is working fine with settings and sli bits from my post # 44. Settings are made with similar PC to yours (2x780Ti) which is my older gaming rig dedicated to rF2. Just remeber that don`t mess with supersampling or mutisampling just use as high AA as you can and use video as syncs option to get rid of micro-stuttering and tearing. I think in your case with 2x780Ti rFactor2 video settings: AA>6 video synch on is fine.:thumbsup:

OK, i'll test with driver 262.00. All other drivers after 262.00 are dangerous and have been causing major problems and even breaking cards in some cases. It's all over the Nvidia forums. You should post this on the RF2 forums to let ppl know (I can't, I'm banned).

Last edited:
I've also been having issues with my 680's (4GB) in Sli with Windows 10. In Windows 8.1 using Lego everything was great and consistent 60fps with most settings on FULL (apart from Shadow on low & Shadow Blur OFF). With W10 I was able to do this with drivers 353.30 but unfortunately had issues with other games.

Ari, I've used your profile in #44 and can confirm GPU usage is up there in the 80's-90's% instead of been stuck around the 52% mark. However, needed, is a real scaling down of graphics so AA down from 6 to 4. Everything on HIGH, Shadow OFF & all reflections OFF. Going solo around Toban with the megane it drops below 60fps on a couple of occasions so not sure how it will fare with a full grid (or more taxings mods like Apex's GT3 mod).

I've had to reluctantly put rF2 aside as it is just not playable for me under W10 and I have posted in Geforce Forums:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...r-2-sli-amp-windows-10-low-gpu-usage-low-fps/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...r-2-sli-amp-windows-10-low-gpu-usage-low-fps/

But no aid or assistance. I had some guidance form WhiteShadow on ISI forums , he advised the same as you;

WhiteShadow said:
I used few hours yesterday and found the reason why you are getting only 50% GPU loads. This works fine with my old PC with PCIe @3.0 x8 x8 which I used and I am able to get 95-99% GPU load and +100 FPS.
Here is the fix.

Compatibility:
SLI comparability bits: 0x02D04004

Sync and refresh:

Common:

SLI:

I find this scaling just too unpredictable depending on track and mod and feel like I need to drop the graphical options right down to have some kind of consistency without having to keep messing around.

Last edited:
@Ari Antero
How can you possibly know you are getting better frame rates or not if your locking your max Framerate @60 and putting on sync ?

Also ARI I believe you typo'd the bits in post 44

How can you know I dont? I am using locked fps "Max Framerate":120, and my dedicated rig to rFactor2 is mbo>ASRock Z87 OC formula, CPU>17@4770k, ram>16 gb, AVEXIR bliz, dual channel, Bliz series 1.1 DDR3-2666, 2x Evga classified gtx 780Ti.
This rig runs PCI-E 3.0@ x8x8 with locked 120fps in all ISI tracks 22 AI at start and fps never drops below 118 fps. No sync my max fps is bit over 200 with settings from my post # 44.
There is no typo in my post #44 in sli bits (0x02402004 Single - GPU).

I've also been having issues with my 680's (4GB) in Sli with Windows 10. In Windows 8.1 using Lego everything was great and consistent 60fps with most settings on FULL (apart from Shadow on low & Shadow Blur OFF). With W10 I was able to do this with drivers 353.30 but unfortunately had issues with other games.

Ari, I've used your profile in #44 and can confirm GPU usage is up there in the 80's-90's% instead of been stuck around the 52% mark. However, needed, is a real scaling down of graphics so AA down from 6 to 4. Everything on HIGH, Shadow OFF & all reflections OFF. Going solo around Toban with the megane it drops below 60fps on a couple of occasions so not sure how it will fare with a full grid (or more taxings mods like Apex's GT3 mod).

I've had to reluctantly put rF2 aside as it is just not playable for me under W10 and I have posted in Geforce Forums:

But no aid or assistance. I had some guidance form WhiteShadow on ISI forums , he advised the same as you;

I find this scaling just too unpredictable depending on track and mod and feel like I need to drop the graphical options right down to have some kind of consistency without having to keep messing around.

Texture Filter > Trilinear should give you higher fps (about +40 fps in my system). Con is that game looks blurry.

OK maybe I getting some mixed info here.
Post #44 you say Max Framerate 60, Post #50 you say set video on sync
My NVidia inspector has no 0x02402004, the closest one I have is the default 0x02402005.
Do I need to edit the bits ?
Not sure what you mean by Single GPU.
Also with a great system like that I would suspect you would be getting those frame rates with one 780Ti.
Have you taken the time to take one card out and run some tests?
If so what are your Frame rates with just one card in ?
I have been at this for weeks .. even upgraded to windows 10 just to test the multi GPU .. no difference.
now formatted and back to windows 7, I have had these cards in and out over 50 times.

OK maybe I getting some mixed info here.
Post #44 you say Max Framerate 60, Post #50 you say set video on sync
My NVidia inspector has no 0x02402004, the closest one I have is the default 0x02402005.
Do I need to edit the bits ?
Not sure what you mean by Single GPU.
Also with a great system like that I would suspect you would be getting those frame rates with one 780Ti.
Have you taken the time to take one card out and run some tests?
If so what are your Frame rates with just one card in ?
I have been at this for weeks .. even upgraded to windows 10 just to test the multi GPU .. no difference.
now formatted and back to windows 7, I have had these cards in and out over 50 times.

My post#44 is to @Billy Pilgrim and I think he has system similar to your`s. Use settings from my post #44 and try it out. (Yes you need to edit sli bits to 0x02402004) If you are getting stutters, tearing etc. use in rFactor2 video settings: sync > video to get rid of stutters, tearing etc.
Yes I have tested Single 780 Ti and is not able to run triple screens at 120 fps. Two-way 780 Ti SLI is able to do that.
Post #50 is to Spinelli and I know that he`s system is able run use PCI-E @3.0 x16 x16 which gives better performance in rFactor2 then PCI-E @3.0 x8 x8 , just ignore that post, it is only to Spinelli or to those who has similar system to hes.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.4%