rFactor 2: new update available for the release candidate

Studio 397 has just released a new update for its rFactor 2, to continue improving the online racing experience, also announcing the races of the week (with some new Special Events) and some system updates based on community feedback and about fixing some bugs.

Special Event Races: Starting this week, we will host special events for BTCC and GT3 cars every Tuesday and Thursday respectively, while the events you are already accustomed to will be held every Saturday. Don't forget that Special Events offer more opportunities to earn both DR and SR!

We understand that some of you want to plan content purchases with greater visibility into what will happen next. Daily races are designed to vary and rotate between different content so you can experience the full range of content rFactor 2 has to offer and keep the experience interesting. As you already know, beginner races will always feature free content.

We have worked hard to refine and optimize the online system since release. In response to community feedback, we've addressed several issues in this second update, including username changes, email verification, ranking fixes and improvements, as well as the very important server mod name changes that they should fix errors when joining and leaving training servers.

Our updates also include clear and easy-to-use changes for submitting protests, improved interactions with notifications, and an improved registration process for first time logins. We're committed to providing a smoother online racing experience, and these updates reflect just that.

Further details can be found on the Studio 397 blog .

any progress on the sound bug?
It is vehicle dependent ? They are not going to fix them all because older models have
many other things need doing just as important which is all too much work for the outcome.
As well, I don't hear people complaining much, they just go and drive vehicles have okay sound and forget about it.

So do like I did, I commissioned a mod to fix it so others could enjoy it.
Same time a little tweak here tweak there.
Personally I didn't care much as I can just go back to old build where sound is okay.
Nothing new grabs me, nothing I need to have the best Historic races ( and modern ) in sim land.
Nothing they do from now on will improve that. Like peoples pet hate, anyone has not worked out how to race rF2 AI by now will never learn because they don't want to, they look at other sims and think it should be like that instead of how rF2 is, that is more dynamic AI instead of robots which is what all other sims have, zombie AI that don't have a mind of their own, that rarely if ever make a mistake because real racing is perfect.

So it has cost me $1 a pop so far for everyone that has downloaded the mod here and on steam.
Fixed sound, better physics and AI experience ....err as they are dynamic they adjust to the physics, no more silly tank slappers. lol

So maybe that is what people need to do, pay for their favourite cars to be updated and share the love instead of a lot of them growing cobwebs which is inevitable. ( shrugs )

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea