RFactor 2 Crashing on Launch

Hey guys,

I'm returning to sim racing after a 1 year haitus - I re-downloaded RF2, but it's crashing on launch. When I go to launch it, it shows the RF2 logo for about 3 seconds, then shuts down.

I've already done quite an exhaustive search and the things I've tried so far:
1) I've tried deleting the user folder and re-verifying to download it again
2) I've set up the graphics settings in the graphics configurator to ensure graphics card is selected
3) I've tried going to beta and testing the older launchers - still no love
4) There were a bunch of folders I have seen people deleting bin32, bin64 and a few others - then re-verify. No love.

I've seen talk of unsubscribing to all content but... it's 14 pages worth of stuff I'm subscribed to, I'll never be able to find it all back to re-subscribe.

What can I try next?

Is this a new computer? You may have to re-install the 4 runtime files used by rF2,(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Runtimes) and maybe even an older version of Direct X. (even if you have a much more up to date Direct X install)

About a year ago my PC started to do the same. I had been having no real problems up until one of the upgrades. My PC was unable to load and run Rf2 also. Just white screened, black screened or got to the logo same as yours then crashed. I stuck 4mb of extra RAM in it and it's been fine since. It might work if your not running a lot of RAM. hope you get fixed up soon. PV.

I'm probably about 10 days away from a new system. I'll let everyone know how it is going.
I just received my new system. it only has Win11 installed. I added Firefox and drivers for my wheel/pedals. No other updates. Installed Steam. Then added rF2.
We have seen several new systems have trouble launching rF2, some right above this comment. But my install went ALMOST painlessly. I had to restart rF2 to get the sim to recognize my wheel and all it's functions. But after that, it zoomed right along. I didn't have to run DX9 or 11, I didn't have to install the 4 runtimes, it all worked as it should. I had cut my workshop items back to about half but still had to sit through a fairly long update as both workshop and package items were installed. But so far, no issues.
So that makes me wonder why so many users with fairly recent systems are getting stuck.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 32 15.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • Thursday

Votes: 27 13.3%
  • Friday

Votes: 71 35.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 114 56.2%