rFactor 2: Audi R8 LMS Previews + TWO Additional GT3 Cars Teased

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 2.jpg

Studio 397 have been busy... introducing the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3 as part of the 'rFChallenges' upcoming DLC - plus confirming another two GT3 cars are yet to be revealed...

Marking a new licencing agreement that brings the Audi brand to the simulation for the very first time, the latest official reveal for the upcoming #rfchallengers DLC has been confirmed as the stunning Audi R8 LMS GT3.

Joining the already announced Porsche 911 GT3 R and BMW M6 GT3 teased by Studio 397 earlier in the week, the Audi R8 LMS GT3 is a modern and ultra competitive player within the exceptionally popular GT3 class of racing, and makes a very welcome introduction to a simulation that is rapidly expanding their portfolio of official manufacturer licences.

Not only has the Audi R8 LMS been confirmed, but Chris Elliot from Studio 397 has revealed via social media that the Dutch team still have another two GT3 specification cars to confirm - making that five GT3 cars coming to the title as part of the #rfchallengers DLC!

With the Porsche and Audi joining the current GT3 Bentley Continental, Radical RXC Turbo, Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R, Mercedes AMG and McLaren 650S GT3, plus two more still to come, GT3 racing in rFactor 2 looks like it is set to keep getting better and better...

rF2 Audi DLC Preview 5.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 23.jpg
rF2 DLC Previews 1.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 3.jpg
rF2 Audi DLC Preview 4.jpg

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Aaaand, moreover, we have to deal with complete strangers saying what I should or not to do... Lol. Keep your thoughts to you, man.

I allways have to laugh reading such comments. For some wierd reason I never had to spent hours upon hours of text editing with rF2, atleast not more than in AC or other moddable sims and still had a nice plug'n'play experience, even offline with multiclass racing, so in most cases those comments smell like bullshit to start trouble or search for attention. Maybe you should have spend more time racing than editing stuff.

Two race sims are now apple and oranges, maybe it would make sense to compare rf2 with Flight Simulator X or Microsoft PowerPoint.

Comparing ACC and RF2 is comparing apples to oranges.
ACC is GT3 only.
Rf2 offers big diversity of content, with mods especially.
So saying buy ACC and not Rf2 makes sense as advising someone who thinks of buying a tv to get a book instead

Well, raced rF 10 years and having a rF2 lifetime licence, but racing AC the last years my questions are the following:

1.) Using the Oculus Rift, how close is rF2 meanwhile to AC regarding VR experience?
2.) Graphics quality overall, can rF2 be compared to AC meanwhile?
3.) If all above would be equal, how´s the GPU/CPU load compared to AC?

The big plus for rF2 compared to AC is the driver type: Most guys using AC are NOT willing to do league racing...

I play rF2 in single player exclusively.....

Multiclass race - Besides the pit lap bug (which I don't find game breaking), multiclass is as good as it gets. I don't play AMS which I heard is better in this department, but good luck finding a game that does it better than these 2.

Championship - I run championships all the time. Personally I like Excel but atm it can be done also with Log Analyzer and will most likely come with the new UI.

AI doing ridiculous things - This isn't the game's fault. 99% of the time is due to a poor fast lane or block path created by the modder or AI parameters of a modded car. Solution - Stick to official content or learn how to delete block paths or modify fast lanes.

Full course yellow - Simple, disable them. This is hardly a game breaker either. Can't remember if there's any other game that does FCY properly or even has them.

Multiclass is pointless unless you run such a short race as to not have pitstops. This bug has been around forever and they refuse to or can't fix it.

Championships should be a core feature in the game. Running a 3rd party web server just to get a leaderboard is absurd.

So stick to official content huh? Well that would be exceptionally limiting. But have fun racing on a handful of obscure tracks, while I race pretty much anywhere I like in other sims.

Disable full course yellows? And remove one of the few unique features to this sim? Interesting. Most of your recommendations come down to "don't use that part of the game". Will that's fine, I won't, because I'll be playing other more capable sims until they get their act together. At this point their priorities are pretty screwy.

Regarding 2nd I suppose this video speaks a lot, and this is from 2014, rF2 improved so much since then

I don't know whats the CPU load of rF2, but I run fairly good graphics settings and 20AI, and mods which are not always optimised, on rain and night, and I have midend hardware and I pretty much never have fps to drop bellow my 70fps cap. Stutters are also not a problem. Perhaps I have a bit of stutters at super detailed Sebring track, but it is little so it doesn't annoy me.

I don't use VR, and I run single screen, so I suppose that should be taken into account.

+1.
Due the good physics and FFB I considered to spent days and days of my life trying to make rF2 work properly. Tons of TXT editing, set-up for AIs, even AIW raw editing. Bad decision, I ended up with less days of my life remaining and the old and same stuttering bug box.

That has been my experience exactly. I tried seriously hard to like RF2 and to get it to work properly. I spent weeks and months to be honest. I do like the driving feel, but honestly so many things are wrong with it, I just gave up like you in the end. Now I find myself racing more and debugging less.

I'll be playing other more capable sims until they get their act together. At this point their priorities are pretty screwy.

Enjoy single player multiclass in Raceroom and ACC. Oh wait, it's impossible....But I know for a fact multiclass in AC is top notch right....right?

Or probably you want to enjoy modded tracks on Raceroom and ACC? Oh wait, that's impossible too. But I know also for a fact fast lanes in all modded tracks for AC are top notch right....right?
You want to use a moddable game? Deal with the fact that not all 3rd party content is produced to the same standards. That goes for AC as well.

Or perhaps you want to experience the wonderful physics and AI of PC2? Or you want to experience FCY basically nowhere.

Don't get me wrong, Raceroom, AC and ACC do some things right but not the ones you're complaining about rF2.

But have fun racing on a handful of obscure tracks, while I race pretty much anywhere I like in other sims.

Don't worry about me, I've been modifying AI in modded tracks for a while and am also able to race pretty much anywhere I like in rF2 with awesome physics and do multiclass championships, thanks for asking.

Last edited:
Enjoy single player multiclass in Raceroom and ACC. Oh wait, it's impossible....But I know for a fact multiclass in AC is top notch right....right?

Or probably you want to enjoy modded tracks on Raceroom and ACC? Oh wait, that's impossible too. But I know also for a fact fast lanes in all modded tracks for AC are top notch right....right?
You want to use a moddable game? Deal with the fact that not all 3rd party content is produced to the same standards. That goes for AC as well.

Or perhaps you want to experience the wonderful physics and AI of PC2? Or you want to experience FCY basically nowhere.

Don't get me wrong, Raceroom, AC and ACC do some things right but not the ones you're complaining about rF2.

Don't worry about me, I've been modifying AI in modded tracks for a while and am also able to race pretty much anywhere I like in rF2 with awesome physics and do multiclass championships, thanks for asking.

I don't need those features to work in all sims, but rather just one, and it doesn't happen to be RF2 as it is completely broken out of the box. There is absolutely no point to multiclass racing in RF2 as your competition will simply slow down during the race. That isn't much of a race now is it?

BTW, the official content in Raceroom or ACC for example is far better than RF2 when it comes to tracks.

Further, I haven't even mentioned numerous other bugs with RF2, that I have been unable to solve, like reflections updating at about 5fps. And trust me, I've tried every setting and scoured the forums for a solution. This is an issue I see in almost every RF2 youtube video. But is there a fix? Not that I can tell.

I think it's great that you're a modder who has spent time to fix the tracks you want to race on in RF2. Good for you. But I'm simply not interested in spending the time to fiddle with technical issues on a track when I just want to get in and drive.

So it's not like I want to dislike RF2. I really do wish they would fix the core product, because it has true potential. But when I see puzzling releases and a focus on eye candy and new content when the existing content doesn't work properly, well I just scratch my head and fire up AC.

BTW, the official content in Raceroom or ACC for example is far better than RF2 when it comes to tracks.

rF2 Sebring has been unanimously acclaimed as one of the best tracks ever made. rF2 core tracks are great, they just lack laser scan, which is also the case of most R3E tracks, which are also great, but you've to pay for each of them. ACC will only include blancpain tracks, which is quite limited.

Last edited:
rF2 Sebring has been unanimously acclaimed as one of the best tracks ever made. rF2 core tracks are great, they just lack laser scan, which is also the case of most R3E tracks, which are also great, but you've to pay for each of them. ACC will only include blancpain tracks, which is quite limited.

True, but the number of official and included RF2 tracks that I actually want to race on is low. And the price of Sebring was a no go for me, considering the other bugs with the sim. I already feel a little ripped off, paying for multi-class DLC that doesn't work right. I won't be fooled again.

I'd be happy to give it another try when they address the long standing issues. I'm sure I'm not alone in that opinion, but they need to refocus on things that actually matter before I'll spend another dime on their product.

Sorry to state the obvious, but things that actually matter to you, may not be the same things that actually matter to others.
S397 inherited a lot of "bugs" when they took over development of rF2. They have been working tirelessly to eliminate these "bugs", whilst developing the sim.
I guess that all of this takes time and money and they can't do everything that everybody wants, yesterday and for nothing. I hear what you're saying and I understand. If you wanna race another sim and come back to rF2 later, that makes perfect sense too.
I'm sure that your points have been noted. :thumbsup:

From an Ac and ACC fan boy I'm starting to asking myself question to try RF2... every weeks i see updates coming to RF2 that look really well done. Plus many you said that the FFb is really well done ...
What about the multiplayer ? Is better than AC -R3E ?
Multiplayer is the best of all sims hand to hand with Iracing....

True, but the number of official and included RF2 tracks that I actually want to race on is low. And the price of Sebring was a no go for me, considering the other bugs with the sim. I already feel a little ripped off, paying for multi-class DLC that doesn't work right. I won't be fooled again.

I'd be happy to give it another try when they address the long standing issues. I'm sure I'm not alone in that opinion, but they need to refocus on things that actually matter before I'll spend another dime on their product.

S397 has priorities and AI and quite far from priorities and it is normal people ask for good online mode, good series and laser scanning and a new IU, the ia will come but much later!

Excited for this pack. I am getting a bit tired with GT3 content but it seems to sell these days. If you stick to the official content I find the performance of the most recent builds excellent. As someone that only uses VR for sim racing (Rift, 4770k 1080TI) I find that RF2 has probably now the 2nd best VR experience (I find Iracing to be best execution currently).

Of all games in VR I find that you really feel you are there in this game, the immersion to me is excellent. The only thing that could use improving is the driver modeling but otherwise the visuals are very good to me and the fact they are investing more into that is a positive.

I hope Studio 397 can realize their vision!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.