rFactor 1 Keeps crashing

Hi all,

I don't know why, but rFactor 1 has decided to crash, every, single, time I had tried to load a race. I just recently installed a WEC mod and I removed it. Now it keeps crashing, please help.

Check config.ini to make sure all paths are correct; run rf config again.

Did the ctds start right after you installed that mod? If so, it may have overwritten/corrupted a default file (probably in the rfm folder); try removing all files from that folder except the three defaults ("ANY_DEV_ONLY"), that will effectively disable everything but the default sim. If none of this helps you may have to reinstall (use a new folder so you can keep your profiles, setups, etc. and copy them over once everything is running again).

Also if you decide to make a new separate install make a backup of it before adding anything. Just compress the whole new rFactor folder to a rar or 7zip archive and keep it as a backup. If something goes wrong you can just extract that archive and you'll have the vanilla game. It's easier than making a new install every time.
If you want to have more than one install of rF at the same time it's better to use the nocd exe. There is one that is "for Windows 7" it'll work on W 10 and 11 too, and it also has support for RFE plugin (I think that original rFactor.exe doesn't support RFE).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

Votes: 114 9.6%
  • No

Votes: 1,069 90.4%
Back