Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by clova4, Dec 29, 2009.
Will BTB support rF2???
if rF2 does support rF1 stuff, BTB will most likely support rF2
Cool, more scratch build beauties in rFactor 2 then! Good news!
Actually, we don't have a lot of information on what rF2 or BTB will support. Piddy has said he's slowing down BTB development (if not stopping it) and it will not be a "drag-and-drop" process for moving assets to rF2.
Here are the pertinent quotes from the official rFactor2 twitter feed:
- It wouldn't be drag and drop, but certainly we'll want to encourage people to move the content they enjoy to the new base.
- Gone are the icey-smooth racing surfaces of the past. New tracks feature physically modeled bumps, dips and micro-deformations.
- Bumps modelled either from scanned data, Max script or hand created. Depends on the ref data and desired output.
- Bringing some life to the grid by modeling, rigging and animating special characters.
- We have not release date in mind yet. There is enough work for the remainder of the year however. [hmm... nearly 2010 now]
- Changing weather effects will be part of rF2. I'll try and make a movie and post it. [no movie has appeared]
- Weather files will be on a per track basis.
Separate names with a comma.