rF2 Test Build 107 released...

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRAPHICS:
—————————
Added some HDR debug

GAMEPLAY:
—————————-
made spin correction not work while on pitspot.

PHYSICS:
—————————-
turbo code
working turbo code minus intercooler (but we’re ignoring the decreased charge density until that’s in)
for turbos, made configurable the location of boost pressure measurement for wastegate purposes
fixed intake manifold pressure calc for turbos

AI:
—————————-
fixed AI miscalculating fuel needs for fuel multiplier values greater than 1

UI / HUD:
—————————-
made multiplayer list “event name” field now “venue name, event name”
virtual mirrors (and toggling them) now work the same for cockpit and TV cockpit
added 2 pairs of x,y offsets to mouseless scroll boxes that can define the position of the specific image within the scrollbox item. (the image used to always be placed at 0,0 and extend to the full extent of the scrollbox item)
increased multiplayer game list buffer & standardized internal buffers for safer future upgrade

BUG FIXES:
—————————-
fixed keyboard handling in UI editor (we weren’t handling Windows messages in a special tight loop)
made gamedatabase switches more robust.
fixed net lag issue (which was caused by extra data being sent without regard to appropriate bandwidth limit)
fixed skinning bug with non-retail showrooms
removed redundant gdb value “GrandPrixName”…since it was always identical to “EventName”.
fixed track selection gizmos from stocking multiple copies of the same event.
fixed a bug where main page veh, rfm, or track icon would not show up because it was the wrong format.

MULTIPLAYER:
—————————-
Added sort field for sorting by location to NetCommUtil
made the text color of the racegrid participants customizable instead of hard-coded.

Ok, tried to update using the torrent 19mb file - placed it in update folder, manual update and...
says current build (101) is up to date.

so downloaded101 -107 full installer put that in update and same again..

so i can't do fresh install and i can't update to version 107 :-(

Any solutions much appreciated.​

Ok, tried to update using the torrent 19mb file - placed it in update folder, manual update and...​
says current build (101) is up to date.​
so downloaded101 -107 full installer put that in update and same again..​
so i can't do fresh install and i can't update to version 107 :-(​
I had the same problem when I tried the 101-107 update. But i tried complete re-install with the Full107 install (494 MB) instead, and that worked perfectly for me.

What I do is this:
  • Open mod-manager and uninstall all mods (including tracks)
  • Move the content of the Packages folder somewhere safe. Also backup Userdata folder and Plugins if you have any.
  • Uninstall rF2. Delete any remaining data inside install folder after uninstall
  • Install rF2 build 107.
  • Move Userdata and Plugins back in the new install folder.
  • Move the mods back into the Packages folder. Open mod-manager to install all mods.
Maybe i do it overly complicated but it works for me:)

Ok, tried to update using the torrent 19mb file - placed it in update folder, manual update and...​
says current build (101) is up to date.​
so downloaded101 -107 full installer put that in update and same again..​
so i can't do fresh install and i can't update to version 107 :-(​
What happens when you put the file in the UPDATE folder, and click QUERY on the Update tab? Does it say then that the build is up to date?

If so, please have a look at your data.path file in the Core/Core folder of your install. Does that point to the correct data folder?

In principle, the difference between manual and auto update is just the download part. When an online update is released, it places it in the same subfolder (updates), and then you need to click the install button.

I just updated the RD server, and that worked fine.

What happens when you put the file in the UPDATE folder, and click QUERY on the Update tab? Does it say then that the build is up to date?

If so, please have a look at your data.path file in the Core/Core folder of your install. Does that point to the correct data folder?

In principle, the difference between manual and auto update is just the download part. When an online update is released, it places it in the same subfolder (updates), and then you need to click the install button.

I just updated the RD server, and that worked fine.

hi Marco..think you are more useful than ISI! they should pay you!

It just says that the 101 is already up to date.

so i looked at the data path file. basicially i have rfactor 2 stored in something like:
c:/programme files/rfactor 2. However, when I went to the data.path file...i changed it to data.txt to view inside. it said c:/ user/documents/rfactor 2. I went to that folder and seems to have the same/duplicate components. Not sure why this is?

So what now? do i edit the data. path file (which i;'ve since changed back to .path) to allocate the c:/programme files/rfactor 2. folder?

p.s.just to add some more info which might be useful...
I tried sending the torrent file to the c:/ user/documents/rfactor 2/updates folder before manually updating. again, same message.
p.p.s ISI suggested that the full installer would work if i just clicked on the dot.exe. wrong, this just suggests to me (in a redmessage) that only the rfactor updater has permission.

and finally...the desktop shortcut which i've been using is linked to the c:/programs/rfactor 2 folder - the only folder i was aware i had for rfactor 2!

confusing for me but maybe you can suggest a further solution?

Ok, some basic principles of rf2 first then.

There are 2 install folders, the CORE folder, and the DATA folder.
Both folders have just about simular folder structure.

CORE
This contains the game files. All you need to start the game is located here.
In principle, there should be no reason to edit something in this folder. In your specific case, this is the C:\program files\rfactor2 folder.

DATA
This is where the user data is stored. So, here you will find:
- Locations
- Cars
- User info
- Config settings
- Downloaded updates
- Packages folder
- other user related stuff.
In your case, this is the c:\users\documents\rfactor2 folder.

Then the files you download.
There are 2 types of files. The full installer, and the update file. Both are .exe files, and look simular, but work totally different.

Update file.
In this case, this is the rF2_v1101-v1107_101-107.exe (Click on filename for direct http download).
THis file is to be placed in the Data folder, in the folder UPDATES, and has to be started via the Launcher/Updates. You can not double click on this file.
This file only works when you have installed all previous updates, and are running build 101.

Full Installer
In this case, this is the rFactor2_Build107_Setup.exe
This file is a full installer of the main game. You can only use this when you have NO game installed at this moment. This file can be started via double click.

So, back to your problem.

You say you have downloaded the update file. What you need to do is place it in the UPDATES folder in your data space (c:\users\documents\rfactor2\Updates). Depending on how you installed, it can also be c:\users\documents\Data\rfactor2\Updates.

Next, start the rfactor2 launcher.
Click on the UPDATES tab, and click on the QUERY button.
In the black box, on the left top side, you should now see a message like: Update found in update folder. It should also enable the INSTALL button on the bottom right.
Click that, and follow installation instructions.

What I suspect went wrong, is the placement of the update file. Make sure it's in the data section, and in the updates folder.

Let me know how it worked out.

1 thing, I probably wont be online anymore tonight. Having my birthday with a few of my friends, and a bottle of rum, so I suspect that this is my last constructive post for the day :p :p

Ok, some basic principles of rf2 first then.

There are 2 install folders, the CORE folder, and the DATA folder.
Both folders have just about simular folder structure.

CORE
This contains the game files. All you need to start the game is located here.
In principle, there should be no reason to edit something in this folder. In your specific case, this is the C:\program files\rfactor2 folder.

DATA
This is where the user data is stored. So, here you will find:
- Locations
- Cars
- User info
- Config settings
- Downloaded updates
- Packages folder
- other user related stuff.
In your case, this is the c:\users\documents\rfactor2 folder.

Then the files you download.
There are 2 types of files. The full installer, and the update file. Both are .exe files, and look simular, but work totally different.

Update file.
In this case, this is the rF2_v1101-v1107_101-107.exe (Click on filename for direct http download).
THis file is to be placed in the Data folder, in the folder UPDATES, and has to be started via the Launcher/Updates. You can not double click on this file.
This file only works when you have installed all previous updates, and are running build 101.

Full Installer
In this case, this is the rFactor2_Build107_Setup.exe
This file is a full installer of the main game. You can only use this when you have NO game installed at this moment. This file can be started via double click.

So, back to your problem.

You say you have downloaded the update file. What you need to do is place it in the UPDATES folder in your data space (c:\users\documents\rfactor2\Updates). Depending on how you installed, it can also be c:\users\documents\Data\rfactor2\Updates.

Next, start the rfactor2 launcher.
Click on the UPDATES tab, and click on the QUERY button.
In the black box, on the left top side, you should now see a message like: Update found in update folder. It should also enable the INSTALL button on the bottom right.
Click that, and follow installation instructions.

What I suspect went wrong, is the placement of the update file. Make sure it's in the data section, and in the updates folder.

Let me know how it worked out.

1 thing, I probably wont be online anymore tonight. Having my birthday with a few of my friends, and a bottle of rum, so I suspect that this is my last constructive post for the day :p :p
thank you, that's very detailed and helpful!

I will try again but like I said, i just tried placing the update in the other (data) folder and it still did nothing lol

Have a great birthday mate! Not too much rum or you'll regret it!:sick::roflmao:

I will just do another full update, lots of peeing about still. But very good each time. Still needs work on a DFGT old wheel but 65% have, not supporting these will be bad later on, G25/G27 old now they say tut tut. :notworthy:
i'm currently downloading a torrent which is taking ages.
I will have to download stuff again and itching to get on but something must have gone wrong with previous install. i seemed to have multiple update folders and i the game couldn't locate the correct version to query (i'm guessing). fingers crossed this works

After installing the update the sound is now rattling and scratching when I'm near other cars. :(

Anyone else having the same problem? I played 2 days ago (version 101) and haven't had any issues. I thought it might be a problem with my hardware but it's fine in other racing games, GSC 2012 for example.

After installing the update the sound is now rattling and scratching when I'm near other cars. :(

Anyone else having the same problem? I played 2 days ago (version 101) and haven't had any issues. I thought it might be a problem with my hardware but it's fine in other racing games, GSC 2012 for example.
i will let you know when i finish downloading the entire 107 build again from scratch :-(

i read somewhere that the headlights don't work in this build and if you don't use them, you get a penalty? i'll check that out too when i get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%