Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by jimortality, Oct 19, 2015.
Is there anyway to set up private servers? cheers
If i'm not mistaken, the only way is hosting a Dedicated server.
There's a wiki here explaining how: http://legends-league.com/wiki/Rfactor2
Ok mate thanks.
You can also host from your own machine.
You just need to forward the ports from the player.json in your router (same as for servers)
Then you should create a vmod or use one you have
Last step is to start to server via the last icon in the launcher. Wait till its started and if everything is done proper everyone can join.
"Simulation Port#":"range is 1025 - 65535",
"HTTP Server Port":64297,
"HTTP Server Port#":"range is 1025 - 65535. Used for file sharing",
1. Open the ports in your Router
How to forward a port number in your router is different by brand. So you'll have to google your router.
192.168.0.107 = is my local IP from my game PC. It's dynamic IP by default so it might change if you reboot your PC, If you can't acces your server after a reboot. Change the IP in the router
I've set both ports the forward UDP and TCP. (Beide = Both in Dutch)
First time you click on the Host button in the launcher. You'll be asked to open the firewall for the dedicated server program. If you click Cancel here ==> you'll need to open the firewall manually.
The dedicated server program will open and you're able to set up a server...
If you have a Vmod.
There are tools to make life more easy. But this is the original way to do it.
- Click 1-2-3
- Fill in a Mod name (NO SPACES !!!) and click next
- Choose 1 or more (ctrl-click) tracks ==> Click next
- Choose 1 or more (ctrl-click) Cars ==> Click next
- Choose aditional components like sounds or other stuff (if needed, mosty not, just click next)
- check package file: name and LOCATION (it's always wrong )
- Click in the little icon next to it and go to your rF2 packages folder. ==> Video at the bottom
- tick/untick the track layouts you want to use
- same with cars
- click package
- click install
4. Click on the Host button
- IMPORTANT: Network speed of the server = lower as your maximum upload speed.
It will take you 5 min to do...
That's great Gijs thanks very much
I've done a clean windows 10 install.
So i needed to setup everything again...
Separate names with a comma.