rf2 Can't join multiplayer - unable to download mod

Hi,
i am new,
i have bought rf2 base game.
All working fine but when i try to enter in any server of multiplayer,
i get after 1 second the popup :
An error occurred
Unable to download mod
Please try to returning to the main menu, or restarting the game.

Tried any server(same version flagged), or removed and redownloaded the game from Dteam.
Could you suggest me any tips?

Attachments

• 20211120_135929.jpg
    20211120_135929.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 419
if you are trying to join a server with DLC cars and/or tracks, you also need to have all the same content as the server. So if you have one GT3 car, but the server has ALL the GT3 cars, then you need to match the server to join.
However, this doesn't sound quite like that. Please list what server you were trying to join along with the car you expected to join with.

The Bois ETCC 2003 server does allow me to join but only if i download 11 of their selected tracks so tried to stop the DL and needed to Ctrl-Alt-delete & end rF2 in the Task Manager. No other way to stop this process.

Issue is probably on your end. Maybe your firewall is a cause of your error or file corruption

Last edited:
This only informs you that Framework 4.8 is installed but can't know if there may be a corruption!

Read and install the NET framework Setup Verification Tool to help verify no corruptions. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
tried any tips for .net repair uninstall/ reinstall but nothing.
so I wanted to try to install rf2 on my notebook, but here too I get the same result, with the difference that before that error the missing pack download pop-up appears, when it completes it fails.

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 391
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 356
tried any tips for .net repair uninstall/ reinstall but nothing.
so I wanted to try to install rf2 on my notebook, but here too I get the same result, with the difference that before that error the missing pack download pop-up appears, when it completes it fails.

Looks like something fails to install, possibly that there are a thing or two on the server that is not possible to get through the GetMOD system.

Go to the packages tab in the main menu, try to install the mod there (it should be DL'd, but not installed from that error message), there you will get a message of what exactly is missing. Then you can start to go for a hunt for that missing content.

Last edited:
Looks like something fails to install, possibly that there are a thing or two on the server that is not possible to get through the GetMOD system.

Go to the packages tab in the main menu, try to install the mod there (it should be DL'd, but not installed from that error message), there you will get a message of what exactly is missing. Then you can start to go for a hunt for that missing content.
Solved by instead of delete the game folder and then repair it via Steam,
this time i have uninstalled it, deleted the folder and reinstalled it.
Now the download mods works fine.

Thanks to all for support.

Note: nice the package tab that help to see the mods in error to reinstall.

Hi I have the same problem with the error message but I can't find where the "packages" tab is located, could you direct me?

Icône de validation par la communauté

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back