rF2: Aston Martin Vantage GT3 Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2.jpg

Studio 397 have released the final car of the brand new GT3 Challengers DLC for rFactor 2 - welcome the Aston Martin Vantage GT3..

Joining the previously released Porsche 911 GT3 R, McLaren 720s, Audi R8 LMS and BMW M6 GT3 that formed the initial offering of the 'GT3 Challengers' DLC, Aston Martin have now finally given final permissions to allow Studio 397 to deploy the fifth and final car of the new pack - the world's first sim racing release of the brand new Aston Martin Vantage GT3!

Available immediately for those who have purchased the 'GT3 Challengers' DLC for rFactor 2, this new Aston represents both a welcome inclusion of the Aston Martin brand to the title, and a very first appearance for the new Vantage GT3 within a sim racing game.. not bad going is it?!

As well as the new Aston Martin, a small hotfix has been released by Studio 397 for the McLaren 720s already released as part of the DLC, the details of which can be seen below:

• Fixed an issue that caused a texture conflict with the Bentley GT3
  • Added missing steering column (mostly visible in VR)

The new car is available to download via Steam now.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 1.jpg
rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 4.jpg
rF2 Aston Martin Vantage GT3 3.jpg

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
Wow I am glad I did not purchase this DLC that model is pretty bad I mean the body around the rear of the filler cap is in correct as well, And that paint well it's just bad all around.
:) It is your lost. You lose some fun time and great driving.
If you guys want to look at the cars, go out IRL and look at them. I want to drive this cars (only if I have the time to fully enjoy) and at least for me, in real life it is absolutely impossible. This is why I buy them. And they rewarded me with a lot of fun. What I saw from my cockpit (the back of the car in front and the front of the car in back :D looks great :thumbsup:. And whit all my honesty, I barely look at the dashboard. Maybe few second before the start of the race.
Buy it and drive it. That's why they are made. For Simphotography you all know what should be used :roflmao:
P.S. I'm not a fanboy, I love them all (rF, LFS, AMS, rF2, AC, PC2, R3E, ACC). I will support the developers and modders, as much as I can, and I hope the content will be (and IT IS) better and better.
Happy racing !!!!!

Last edited:
Supporting the devs is one thing. Accepting lazy jobs is another.
Till they put the same effort on cars as they did with Sebring (see that track had 0 complaints except for people running weak PCs and even then they were minimal) people can and should complain to make the car team wake up and stop releasing messed up stuff because of a competition or Christmas.
Worst thing is they aren't fixing these cars at all even so long after release of first pack.
Stop feeding bad work.
PS: This is the only sim I play.

Well, yes, but then you need the Glickenhaus SCG 003 to drive on it...and a Nissan...and an Acura/Honda..and a Lexus... And at least one of the EyeTallion cars!!!!

I am a big fan of modern endurance racing but in simracing I'm more interested in historic content. Mostly 60s - 80s touring cars or F1.

I would still buy the Glickenhaus or any other GT3 DLC, just to support the developer. Nevertheless for all of them I need the Nordschleife track. :)

I predict the upcoming Nords DLC will give rF2 a HUGHE boost in online activity...
Trackday, bro.
:rolleyes:;):)
yeah for a week or two then it'll be back to normal. rF2 needs more than new tracks and cars to get their numbers up. They'rr not the only ones, R3E, automobilista, AC had the same problem. They need a reason for their customers to invest time in their product. New content (quality content) is always a step in the right direction however after 3 years into racing i cant help but see a revolving door of new content-boost player count fror a week-numbers drop due to boredom

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.