rF2: Another Nordschleife Preview - 4 Layouts Confirmed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Nords Screenshot Tease.jpg

Studio 397 have released another preview image from the upcoming Nordschleife track release - confirming 4 layouts at launch... with more to follow.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 12 months, you are probably aware that Studio 397 have been heavily developing a laserscanned version of the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany - and seeing as preview images keep surfacing these last couple of days, it's probably fair to assume we aren't that far away from release.. hopefully.

Interestingly, rather than the heavily criticised caption of 'counting the days' from the last image.. this time we get days replaced with hours... does that mean release date is even closer than we expected?

Also of note, rather than just dropping another image, Studio 397 have also confirmed the track will initially launch with four different configurations.. and plan on adding further layouts further down the line!

Happy times for fans of rFactor 2 are coming soon!

rFactor 2 is a racing simulation exclusively available for PC.

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

BTW, it seems like the qualifying shortcut might not be available... There are cones in the way and the AI does a full outlap. But I haven't tried driving it myself (don't want to set up my wheel and all right now), I was just watching AI drive the track and looking around with the free camera. Maybe you can ignore the cones and just drive through there anyway.

BTW, it seems like the qualifying shortcut might not be available... There are cones in the way and the AI does a full outlap. But I haven't tried driving it myself (don't want to set up my wheel and all right now), I was just watching AI drive the track and looking around with the free camera. Maybe you can ignore the cones and just drive through there anyway.
Set your wheel up man!

I tried it and no timer starts, so no shortcut. Without an update it won't work anyway I guess and hope it will come later. So far the physics seems awesome from the top and corner speeds and lap times in the GT3 as well. The track itself looks and feels a bit different than other laser scans and from watching hours of real onboards it should. Can't tell if this is more accurate, but wouldn't be surprised if it is. So far so great, but where is this Porsche Cup?

I tried it and no timer starts, so no shortcut. Without an update it won't work anyway I guess and hope it will come later. So far the physics seems awesome from the top and corner speeds and lap times in the GT3 as well. The track itself looks and feels a bit different than other laser scans and from watching hours of real onboards it should. Can't tell if this is more accurate, but wouldn't be surprised if it is. So far so great, but where is this Porsche Cup?
Marcel said it was delayed, per Discord

@emarchena BTW, if you're wondering about load times... Loading a 20 AI GTE (S397) race with the 24h layout took 4 minutes 30 the first time, and the subsequent load time of that same race was 2 minutes 5 seconds. Running off SSD, Ryzen 2600, 16GB of RAM.

Though it is (unsurprisingly) quite RAM hungry, takes about 7 more gigs of RAM on top of the game already running, sitting on the main menu screen.
For Nordschleife I didn't measure the loading time but it was better than I expected and yeah the second time I loaded faster

$17.50 CDN ( canadian dollar)
Normally I would probably say that it's a little too much, but for rFactor, think we have to consider that Studio937 took it over, they started updating it without people having to re-buy it

if they released it as RF3, then I suppose I would look at these prices bit different , when considering the above I think it's fine

$17.50 CDN ( canadian dollar)
Normally I would probably say that it's a little too much, but for rFactor, think we have to consider that Studio937 took it over, they started updating it without people having to re-buy it

if they released it as RF3, then I suppose I would look at these prices bit different , when considering the above I think it's fine

They dont' take in consideration currency exchanges in their prices policy. Maybe it's because they don't have a larger market as Kunos, but in my country the Kunos and other companies prices makes more sense. I don't think US$17 is much money for US or CAN citizens but when I convert to my currency it's more than I paid for the full rF2 game, inflation considered. I bet it's a great track and rF2 physics / FFB wise is superb. If I buy Le Mans, Nords and Endurance Pack I'd pay 3 times what I paid for the full software.

Not whining, only an ascertainment .

View attachment 326174
Studio 397 have released another preview image from the upcoming Nordschleife track release - confirming 4 layouts at launch... with more to follow.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past 12 months, you are probably aware that Studio 397 have been heavily developing a laserscanned version of the legendary Nurburgring Nordschleife in Germany - and seeing as preview images keep surfacing these last couple of days, it's probably fair to assume we aren't that far away from release.. hopefully.

Interestingly, rather than the heavily criticised caption of 'counting the days' from the last image.. this time we get days replaced with hours... does that mean release date is even closer than we expected?

Also of note, rather than just dropping another image, Studio 397 have also confirmed the track will initially launch with four different configurations.. and plan on adding further layouts further down the line!

For more news from the world of rFactor 2, check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 sub forum and join in with the community discussion. If you like racing in a clean and fun environment online, why not check out the RaceDepartment rFactor 2 Racing Club? Get yourself in on the action!

View attachment 326174

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies

Votes: 0 0.0%