rF1 Matchmaker

Can some-one let me know if rF1 matchmaker is back up?...I don't have it installed to check...and also if the chat is working..

Thanks
Dave
NRT

Try it when you get a chance and let me know.
The Chat server is unable to run while MatchMaker is running as it must point to a older IP...
It crashes the server when on...but let me know if it is back up...it is running..

Dave

If I turn on the Lobby Chat It crashes the server ...
It is a 16 year old program running on the latest Server software..
The Chat server is trying to connect to a program that was on ISI's own server.
Hence forth..it can't connect to that IP the server was running on...and I can't change it as it is hard coded into the program..
If I leave it off...the server stay functional... If I turn it on...1-2 days later it crashes the program with the error unable to connect to chat server.. closing program..

According to the rfactor website faq, the old match maker is gone forever, only the steam match maker / server list is still working.

Unfortunately nobody seems to be using the latest steam version, or opening the steam ports, so the server list only has 2-3 servers listed.

According to the rfactor website faq, the old match maker is gone forever, only the steam match maker / server list is still working.

Unfortunately nobody seems to be using the latest steam version, or opening the steam ports, so the server list only has 2-3 servers listed.
i went and bought it on steam and I'm still getting the message that "the matchmaker cannot be reached" shes gone fellas. unless someone can show me otherwise with proof, its dead

How do disc users update to the steam version? or do we have to repurchase rF?
Straight answer, you can't.
Image Space Incorporated exists on paper, but nobody's in the office anymore.

Just buy it on steam when it's on sale. Usually $2-3.

The issue with the steam version, you can't host from a gaming pc anymore. All hosting is dedicated server only now.

The other option is to get a guy called redpag to put up a server list, the same as he does for rfactor2. He basically has to change the steam app id number.

Last edited:
Well I've emailed ISI directly, if I hear back then great if not then no harm done. I outright refuse to pay £18.99 & have never seen it in the sale so It will be staying on the OG game through IP connection for good then.

For the matchmaking issues:
There have been people asking all year how to do this & no one ever responds giving a run down HOW to get it to work using WHAT program. We dont need redapg to host when we've got 20 people shouting from the rooftops that they want to host the matchmaking list.

Last edited:
Well I've emailed ISI directly, if I hear back then great if not then no harm done. I outright refuse to pay £18.99 & have never seen it in the sale so It will be staying on the OG game through IP connection for good then.

For the matchmaking issues:
There have been people asking all year how to do this & no one ever responds giving a run down HOW to get it to work using WHAT program. We dont need redapg to host when we've got 20 people shouting from the rooftops that they want to host the matchmaking list.
RE match making server list.

YOU NEED REDPAG!!! because he has the PHP scrypt to run the server list, as he is already providing the server list for rfactor2.

All he has to do is make a duplicate but change the steam app Id to rfactor1

Then all the lazy rfactor1 hosting companies have to update there dedicated servers to the latest steam version for free, as simple as that. Then end users just connect through redpags server list

Last edited:
RE match making server list.

YOU NEED REDPAG!!! because he has the PHP scrypt to run the server list, as he is already providing the server list for rfactor2.

All he has to do is make a duplicate but change the steam app Id to rfactor1

Then all the lazy rfactor1 hosting companies have to update there dedicated servers to the latest steam version for free, as simple as that. Then end users just connect through redpags server list

Its redapg, not sure why you putting caps like I'm the one who spelt it wrong.

If you knew all of this already, why have you not done it already......... or informed anyone else that this is possible? (don't say you haven't because you don't play rF1 when you're actively commenting in rF1 threads in 2023)

That comment was the first time I've seen redapg mentioned once, and you spelt it wrong for a start.

Last edited:
@pinkpanda666

I have not done anything about it, because I didn't need to as I have the Steam version and use the native Steam match maker.

I have been reading your posts under your alias' AXO, numquaM across the internet. If these 20 people you mention are the same as you, you don't have a clue how the match maker server works.

@pinkpanda666

I have not done anything about it, because I didn't need to as I have the Steam version and use the native Steam match maker.

I have been reading your posts under your alias' AXO, numquaM across the internet. If these 20 people you mention are the same as you, you don't have a clue how the match maker server works.
You've completely misunderstood my comments in the first place. WHERE DO I CLAIM TO KNOW HOW TO DO IT?
N O W H E R E

Last edited by a moderator:
@pinkpanda666

As I previously stated, your posts under different aliases across the internet with Hoover on the S397 forum for example. Your constant demands that isi give you and your apparent 20 others their software, when you don't know how it works, and won't be able to operate or maintain it. You have been told already, the match maker is steam only now. All you need to do is buy the steam version.

Nope, you'd rather spend money on a server to host a match maker server you don't understand, and can't operate.

Hoover already pointed out to you, the old match maker has ended, it's a steam match maker only now, yet you popup here again.

Now when I come to race department this evening, you've resulted to sending abuse and threats through DM.

This discussion has ended, I have already given you the answer above, which you chose to ignore and disregard.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back