• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Request: Kers, shift lights,etc. Indicators in Cockpit mode

Discussion in 'F1 2012 Mods' started by Sk3ptik0n, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    In F1 2011 someone released a mod that basically gave you the same on-screen visual you get in tv pod view.
    I especially found it useful for kers and DRS. I like to keep my eyes on the track rather than the steering wheel and the TV pod indicators I can read with my peripheral vision while in cockpit mode I have to go look for them.

If someone kows how the old one was done, I'll be happy to give it a shot myself, but I need to be pointed to a tutorial before I attempt it.

Thank you.

2. filaszbrna

filaszbrna

Ratings:
    +22
    its really easy

you need fergo bin xml convertor

then open cars/ car you want to edit/ and copy cameras.xml to some folder (just for clearly)

use bin xml to convert cameras.xml to cameras.txt

open with note pad, ctrl+f (find head-cam)

ok now two ways:

1. just rename head-cam to head-cam2

2. copy whole head-cam (to <view>) and make second head-cam under first and again rename to head-cam2 (should look same as original only 2 in name)

save and use again fergo bin.xml to convert back for xml.. than put back to cars/ car name folder/ and rewrite (make back up) and thats all. Sry for english

PS: just name edit of camera makes HUD visible, no other tweaks to camera needed..

3. Sk3ptik0n

Sk3ptik0n

Ratings:
    +222
    Thank you. Good instructions. I did something similar with 2011 it it was a while ago. I'll see if I can get around to it this weekend.

4. NigelMansel

NigelMansel

Ratings:
    +31
    im a noob here and to modding , i would appreciate when you get round doing these files would you upload them for me , many thanks