• "Slow and steady finishes the race. Fast and steady wins the race." - Sean Rogers.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay: View other Cars, change View?!

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Bake, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Bake

Bake

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there!

I´m wondering if there is any option to switch to other drivers in the final replay after the race? Like in GP2/3/4. It would be interesting to see the AI-drivers and their crashes from different angles :)

And because i mentioned crashes and damage: with the damage 25% mod its much better, and there are lots of parts that can fly off, i´ve seen wheels, spoilers, disc-brakes, holes in the boxes and more!!

Greetings

2. Bake

Bake

Ratings:
    +0
    NO idea?!

3. Arsenal

Arsenal

Ratings:
    +0
    There is no way to in the default game. If it has been modded in I have not come across the mod yet.

People can cry about bugs all they like, THIS is one of the biggest design flaws IMO.

4. Bake

Bake

Ratings:
    +0
    yes, i think so, too.....after a hard race i´d love to lean back, even more with this fantastic graphics, and watch the replay like in television ;)

hope someone implements this soon....

5. MADscuderia

MADscuderia

Ratings:
    +0
    I think they made it so you can't watch the AI's racing style. Because its full of unreal ****.

One way to better myself is watch other people's good laps in Youtube, to learn some tricks about the circuit.
    If I did that with the AI laps, I would just end up wondering how the hell did they do that, totally outside the racing line and holding the car, swerving around not losing speed...

I think its not a design flaw but an omission so you don't WTF too much.

6. Anthony Lucas

Anthony Lucas

Ratings:
    +1
    yeah defo i have had a few WTF moments myself

7. sethisuwan

sethisuwan

Ratings:
    +34
    i'm glad to announce that i made a big breakthrough in editing the replay cameras, as i also couldn't stand the awful replay cinematography. just completed the monaco track, and wait, wait, and you'll be stunned with the difference.

8. Shinzah

Shinzah

Ratings:
    +0
    Try damage 200%, feels better to me, 25% I could ram like dump truck

9. JD1

JD1

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep this is the biggest flaw in any racing games I've ever played... first time I went to see a replay (which is during the first race) I had the biggest wtf ever I think, I hope someone can solve this issue.

And I agree with MADscuderia also lol, I think it was MEANT to be because the AI is doing some crazy **** sometimes and it's the best way to hide the problems

10. Steve Stoop

Steve Stoop

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, the very limited replay system is one of the biggest flaws in the game. They don't even exist for multiplayer races. I think you can't watch replays from another car's perspective, because iirc the ai is only actually on the track when they are near you, once they reach a certain distance, they are simulated again like in quali.

I'm thinking the ego engine is just too underpowered to include all this sweetness.

11. Peter Hooper

Peter Hooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,910
    Replays on consoles are even worse. At least pc players have a patch that enables them to save them. On the console you either watch the replay right after a session / race or not at all. Huge omission for me: $

12. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    Gentleman Club Racer Premium

Ratings:
    +2,697
    Looking forward to this one. Let us see a video of it please.