Replacing Cube Controls plastic encoder knobs?

I have a CC GT Lite and I'm playing with the thought of replacing the plastic knobs. Has anyone successfully removed them? They're on there pretty hard. And what is the post size, anyone know?

Thanks!

Answering my own questions. They are glued (newer ones just snap on) but should come off. The posts are 6 mm, D-shaped.

Last edited:
Mine broke off after less than a year. Can not believe they built such a high quality wheel and glued on a 3d printed funky switch knob. I ordered an aluminum replacement from leo bodnar and had to drill it out to get it to fit on the shaft but I like it way better than the 3d printed knob.

Upvote 0
Mine broke off after less than a year. Can not believe they built such a high quality wheel and glued on a 3d printed funky switch knob. I ordered an aluminum replacement from leo bodnar and had to drill it out to get it to fit on the shaft but I like it way better than the 3d printed knob.

Do you have a picture of your mod?

Upvote 0
Coming back to this: do you like those knobs better than the original? I find the original a bit too low-profile to be able to turn easily with gloves.

Truthfully, the aluminum knob from Leobodnar is more low profile than the original knob. It also does not have the raised edges so it is harder to rotate with gloves. I happen to not use the rotating function of it as I have not found anything useful to assign it to yet and so for me, its not that big of deal.

I mostly use it for menu scrolling 5% of the time and 95% of the time I adjust the brake bias on the fly for each corner in Iracing using the in-car adj menu screen. Doubles up for my brake bias knob on my dashboard but easier to adjust while keeping both hands on the steering wheel.

Upvote 0
Truthfully, the aluminum knob from Leobodnar is more low profile than the original knob. It also does not have the raised edges so it is harder to rotate with gloves. I happen to not use the rotating function of it as I have not found anything useful to assign it to yet and so for me, its not that big of deal.

I mostly use it for menu scrolling 5% of the time and 95% of the time I adjust the brake bias on the fly for each corner in Iracing using the in-car adj menu screen. Doubles up for my brake bias knob on my dashboard but easier to adjust while keeping both hands on the steering wheel.

Yeah that was my feeling too, so I think I'll stay with the original. Thanks for the info, very helpful!

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Does anybody know where to source aluminum knobs Ascher used to use in in his plates?
0M6A7886-694x1024.jpg

Upvote 0
Of course, anytime.

Have you tried contacting them? I wonder if they would sell the new aluminum knob design they have for their funky switch.

Yes: they will not.

Does anybody know where to source aluminum knobs Ascher used to use in in his plates?
0M6A7886-694x1024.jpg

You should be able to get something like that from any electronics components place. Just search for "aluminium encoder knob with pointer" or something at your favourite website (www.elfa.se is mine)

elfa.se.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back