rF2 Renault Clio @ Malaysia North Loop - Thursday July 19th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Mod manager says I have version 1.2 installed. Get the same problem trying to install the ISR Clio thing, which fails on Portugal 1.2, which is also installed in mod manager

very strange! I think i may give this one a miss, just concentrate on the RDWES race on Sunday and then try and sort it out after than. I am having issues with nearly all of the mods, the only one I have working is the Mid Ohio one which I'd rather not loose before Sunday by fiddling with things I know nothing about!

@Stefan Woudenberg,
Select the Mod Manager in MULTIPLAYER! screen, select the series, go back to the server list, and re-enter. Then it should be ok.

@Jimi Hughes,
Do you have versoin 1.21, or 1.2 installed? If it's 1.21, uninstall the clio's, as you probably have version 0,1 installed of them, and not the final one.

@Marco Bijl:when I connect I get kicked out, other servers don't have the problem. This is the first time for me I cannot connect to a server.
Looks like Mr. C send me his problem!!! :D

Edit:

After deleting the location folders 1.21 ands 1.22, I started the mod in SP and it worked, than connected to the MP and it worked too. :)

Yippeeeee!! I can race!! :)

Ok, I got there 2 laps after the start.
After downloading the Clio mod.
And finding out which mod contained Malaysia.
Painful.
Maybe these components could be listed in the top post?
Seems the mod just pulls the elements together but you have to have them installed in the first place?

Well now I get to run some laps for the first time.
Will be back if this is fun.

Well that was dissapointing. :(

Started 3rd, managed to get into 2nd at start and have a close battle with Gary. Suddenly all cars dissappeared and got the dreaded "Connection lost"! :cry:

Think rF2 still needs the network code tweeking as this has happened to me a few times now. All other online games are fine on my machine.

Hope rest of you guys had a good race. Until next time. ;)

Ok, so this sucked ;)
Had a good qualy. Was quicker then the best I did in practice, so no complaints there.

Then the race. Something happend in turn 1, and while avoiding some cars, I got a little bump on the rear. Turned me a bit sideways, got it straight again, and did actually see what happend. I saw Mr C behind me, and as he was a bit quicker. decided to let him pass me by and start from behind the grid.
Had a very good first few laps. Made it up to 6th, and was closing in on 5th. Suddenly, my car made strange noises, and at that point I realized I was running on qualy setup :( No fuel left to get to the pit, so end of race for me there :(. Suited the rest oif my day, in which all that could go wrong, did go wrong....

Ok, so this sucked ;)
Had a good qualy. Was quicker then the best I did in practice, so no complaints there.

Then the race. Something happend in turn 1, and while avoiding some cars, I got a little bump on the rear. Turned me a bit sideways, got it straight again, and did actually see what happend. I saw Mr C behind me, and as he was a bit quicker. decided to let him pass me by and start from behind the grid.
Had a very good first few laps. Made it up to 6th, and was closing in on 5th. Suddenly, my car made strange noises, and at that point I realized I was running on qualy setup :( No fuel left to get to the pit, so end of race for me there :(. Suited the rest oif my day, in which all that could go wrong, did go wrong....
Was wondering about that.. really gutted for you

Bum deal there Kev, you were very much keeping me in check, Craig picked up the baton when you dropped to keep me honest enough for most of the race, quite pleased to just keep good consistent pace without throwing it at a barrier or something :).

Thank you Marco & RD

I had a first corner incident. I don't know who that was, but it looks like it was my fault. Sorry to who I hit; I swear I kept checking my side, but these cars seem to have a blind spot. Not too bad a finish though.

Ok, I got there 2 laps after the start.
After downloading the Clio mod.
And finding out which mod contained Malaysia.
Painful.
Maybe these components could be listed in the top post?
Seems the mod just pulls the elements together but you have to have them installed in the first place?

Well now I get to run some laps for the first time.
Will be back if this is fun.

Hi!

Did you install all MODs from ISI, or only the CLIO's? You need to install them all to get a good basis from the game. I think Malaysia comes with the ISI's Formula Renault 3.5 Mod.

Ok,
Just done quite a few laps.
A happy combination.
I'll be back.
Sad I missed this.

Looking at my rf2 packages folder I have:

1. ISI1053-v10-RenaultClioCup.rfmod (346 Mb)
2. ISI1044-v10-FormulaRenault35s.rfmod (287 Mb)
3. ISI1044-v10-v11-FormulaRenault35s.rfmod (538 Mb)
4. ISI1044-v11-v12-FormulaRenault35s.rfmod (155 Mb)
5. RaceDepartment Renault Clio - Malaysia North Loop (1.1 Mb)

So I would guess the RD content is non-existant.

There is no mod, as such, it's just a pointer file grouping together stuff that should already be installed.
I had no idea - you should make that clear to idiots like me in the top post.
Or not.

The same will apply to all other events.
I tried to join the 100 laps server and everything failed because I have none of the content.

But I did get a file:

1. 100LapsMidOhio.rfmod (7 Kb)

Lot of downloading in my immediate future,
Yep.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%